I'm basing my songs on my college years of 88 to 91 so it should be a blast from the past or a little glance at some older stuff for you younger ones.
Simple Minds - Belfast Child
Simple Minds were/are a Scottish band that were big in the UK in the 80's. My first ever live concert was to see them at Cardiff Arms Park and that experience was one I will never forget. It definitely shaped my love of live music. Simple Minds are more well known for 'Don't you forget about me' which was the theme tune to the 80's teen movie The Breakfast Club.
Belfast Child was released in 1989 and instantly became my favourite track of theirs and even one of my favourite tracks of all time. I love the changing tempo throughout the song from the gentle story telling at the start and then the build up of tension and then finishing with passion and a little anger from the time. I think it's a brilliant track and I hope you do too.
Rules of the challenge:
- Choose one song from your high-school/college years.
- Write a few words about who made you listen to this song for the first time, what this song means to you (was it a breakup song? you blasted it at 100% on your audio system when you were partying with your friends?) whatever you want.
- Write your text while listening to the song. As soon as the song ends, wrap up what you were writing and submit it.
- Do this for 7 days in a row if you get nominated
- Mention one person who should do this on each day.
- Tag it with #musicwaybackchallenge and include these rules at the bottom of your post
Please leave your comments on the music track and If you like the challenge and would love to join in on the fun then leave a request underneath and I will nominate you.
Enjoy the song.