There are two things that I love. That is an immediate lie. There are three things that I love. The first is gaming. The second is writing. The third is comedy. All of these things have one thing in common. They tell a story. I want to use this post to tell a story about the story I'm going to tell.
To whet your appetite, here's your first ever, world exclusive to Steem screenshot!
I've got a plot written, and I'll share that of the first area, which I'll be continuing to work on this weekend.
The desert of the real.
After getting your brief introduction from our nameless NPC in the starting area, you enter the barren world of the real desert. This area represents making your very first introduction post.
With a low Reputation (level), you must fight off an army of Introduction Bots, and collect enough Robot Corpse SMTs (Items) to advance to the next level.
This game will be made with RPG Maker VX Ace, for reasons:
- I don't know how to use any game engine, and don't want to get bogged down with learning complex scripting, advanced 3D modelling, and other such things.
- The Story Telling is what matters.
- It will be easy to import handmade 2D sprite art
- It will be able to run on almost any Windows Machine!
The RPG Mechanics
- HP = Hit Points
- VP = Voting Power. This is used to unleash special attacks.
- WP = Witness Power. This invokes powerful attacks from the witnesses.
- SMTs = These are your in-game Items (think potions, revives, etc)
- Unique Class System! Featuring (so far:)
- Content Creator (Player Character)
- Curator (Buffs the Team)
- Steemvanglist (Helps people get involved, heals)
- Bot (Does the same action repeatedly, attacks multiple foes)
- Cardmaster (for all the SteemMonster types!)
How do I get involved?
This is a thing I'm doing in my spare time. If you want to encourage my continued work on this particular project, please upvote or resteem this post. If you upvote, and leave a comment, you'll be included in the game as a NPC. Let me know what you want to say to the player (as absurd as it might be) - or if you want to be a quest giver at some point in the title.
I have a few community members in mind for satire / parody, and this game will feature in-jokes galore around the block chain.
If you want to appear as a boss too, let me know. :)
Remember, I am but one person doing this!
Depending on how much interest is gathered; this might be a more urgent project, or something I put on the back burner. Depending on levels of interest, I might even stream development live. :)
See you all in the Isles of Steem, soon!
Coming: When its Done.