SteemYaLater: Your Steem Blog Image Backup Solution!
Automation to the Rescue!
This Python 3.6 script uses the Steem Beem Library and a variety of methods to archive your Steem Blog images as well as markdown files. It used image hash verification to ensure that files are downloaded once saving valuable storage space.
Version 2.0 Change Notes
- Added PyCurl download method to address issues w steemitboard images
- Data Deplication enabled: Prevents redownload of file if already exists in folder structure. Symbolic link with relative path placed instead saving valuable storage space.
- Logging and CSV output: Session log file is produced in working directory. Output CSVs are created for each account so users may readily see what failed and may require manual action.
Version 1 was the basic framework with wget. We don't talk about version 1 anymore.
I've worked hard and made a ton of progress in order to give my fellow Steemians a way to save their priceless data.
- Steem Blog Backup as a Service
- @dtube thumbnail support
- Upload to Skynet web portal
DTube thumbnails will not download as they are not stored within the Beem Comment json_metadata image property. Logic to be added to accomodate. Also, some links may require escape characters. These will be addressed as time permits.
Uses Python 3.6
# PyCurl may require the following packages be installed. sudo apt install libcurl4-openssl-dev libssl-dev # Python modules installation Python 3.6 -m pip install beem Python 3.6 -m pip install wget Python 3.6 -m pip install urllib3[secure] Python 3.6 -m pip install pycurl Python 3.6 -m pip install certifi #may or may not be needed if the [secure] option is used for urllib3
Prompts for Steem User. Alternatively, you may populate the accounts list variable with users to backup
Account to Backup? anthonyadavisii
Script will crawl your blog_entries filtering out resteems (reblogs)
Will then cycle through each blog_entry, save the body to a .txt files, and grab any images it can with wget or urllib3
Feel free to reach out if you need help! If you appreciate the work, consider sending me a tip!
How to put your FREE Downvotes to work in 2 easy steps!
This post was created using the @eSteem Desktop Surfer App.
Ditch Partiko and get eSteem today!
|PlayStore - Android||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|AppStore - iOS||Web|