I'm back from holidays in New Caledonia to see my parents. It was a great time back to the home country and see all the relatives for some awesome end of year parties full of karaoke 😂. Back to home I had to go around the backyard to get a status update on the plants. Thanks to my friend's help two weeks without went by without too much damages. The only plants that almost totally died is the fishmint, that's the brown patch in the photo below.
Let's go for a little tour of some of the plants that are thriving. First, the Blueberry Burst plant which was very weak responded very well to the 2 inches of worm composted I added three weeks ago and the leaves are now getting greener.
The Sunshine chilli plant is fruiting like mad. I really love this chilli as it has a nice fruity taste with crunchy skin. Thanks to Rob Bob for the seeds!
The Okra plants are growing nicely in one of the bed while the other bed seems to be stunt, I will have to feed it with more vermicompost. Few plants are already fruiting.
This year, I've also started to plant some Red Okras thanks to a follower on Instagram who sent me some seeds. It looks good and I'm looking forward to see if there is any different in taste or texture compared to the green okra.
This is a Frangipani plant from one of a customer with whom I swapped a cutting for some BSF larvae. It has just started to give some leaves.
My wife has planted some capsicum and it looks like they are happy.
The stevia plant has also survived the holidays and it looks like I will have a good harvest this coming autumn.
I will have to move these two banana plants to a larger grow bag as they are a bit tight in there even though they seem to thrive. Some horse manure will be added too to feed those big fellas.
Previously on my blog:
- Some places to eat in Nouméa, New Caledonia
- Merry Christmas to everyone
- A little tour of the
- Making Turmeric powder and starch at home
Vote for my witness
On Steem, Witnesses are playing the important role of providing a performant and safe network for all of us. You have the power to choose 30 trusty witnesses to package transactions and sign the blocks that will go in the Steem blockchain. Vote for me via SteemConnect to help me do more useful projects for the communities.
|I'm a member of||these communities|
- The image at the top has been generated with the Canva app using my own photo.
Banner by @josephlacsamana
Protect your money against Phishing Scam!
Cryptos accounts are the target of international scammers because they want your hard earned money!
Those people are very clever and in a moment of inattention, you've given them your login and password!
I've created a Chrome extension that can help you detecting scam links!
Password and Private Keys security
You all know that your Steem password is the access to all your STEEM, SBD, posting, transferring, everything... right?
So, please, follow these simple steps and keep yourself safe:
- Apart from the initial setup of your account, NEVER use your password ANYWHERE, if stolen, it will give full control to your Steem account.
- Backup your password and keep it somewhere safe. Use a password manager like Lastpass, print it on paper and put it in a safe (no kidding). If you forget your password, no one can help you out.
- To login for creating content and curating, use your Private Posting Key
- To make transfers and account operations, use your Private Active Key
- To encrypt and decrypt memos, use your Private Memo Key