TROPICAL SMOOTHIE 🌴🍊🌴
Hello my Dearest Foodies,
Happy Monday! How do you feel about delicious PERSIMMON SOOTHE with Quinoa Granola? Full of nutrients that will give you a boost in the morning or you can take it with you while on the go!!!
Persimmons are in season now, and even if they are not growing in Canada, they are sweet and juicy. Besides, the price is right too, lol. I bought the whole basket for less than $5 CAN, so I will be enjoying this smoothie everyday this week. Tangerines are in season now to and boy they are so yummy. Besides I bought dragon fruit too, for a very good price!!! Altough we only get the one with white flesh. Oh well.
Anyway, we just got new pile of snow over the weekend and the temperature is -10C here right now, so little bit of Tropical mood helps to cope with the cold winter we are having.
I wish you a wonderful sunny week 🌴😍🌴
Persimmon Smoothie with Quinoa Granola
Vegan – Gluten Free – Refined Sugar Free
Author: Lena’s Vegan Living
INGREDIENTS for 2 servings
• Persimmons 2 (cleaned and cut into cubes)
• Fresh squeezed juice with pulp from 4 Tangerines or Clementine’s
• Juice from ½ lemon
• Coconut water ½ cup
• Chia seeds 2tbs
• Blend all in a blender until smooth, except chia.
• Add chia and mix thoroughly with spoon.
• Fill your jars or bowls, top with granola and fruits.
• Quinoa flakes 1cup
• Raw pecans 1/2 cup (or nuts of your choice)
• Almond flour 1/2 cup
• Sunflower seeds ½ cup
• Virgin coconut oil ¼ cup (melted above the steam)
• Maple syrup ¼ cup
• Himalayan pink slat ½ tsp
• Baking pan
• Parchment paper
• Preheat oven to 400F.
• In the meantime, grind pecans in a food processor (make sure they remain chunky).
• In a bowl, mix all ingredients thoroughly.
• Spread evenly on your baking sheets and press down with your fingers all the way to the edge. Make it flat as possible.
• Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
• Let it cool down for few minutes and serve.
NOTE: You can make more and store in a sealed container. Just make sure you keep it in a cool and dry storage.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING & BON APPETIT
FOR RECIPES PLEASE VISIT MY Lena's Vegan Living Blog