Easter Egg CARROT CAKE Cake Pops
These egg-shaped cake pops are DELICIOUS, and a perfect accompaniment to any Easter celebration!
- 3/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 2/3 cups Flour
- 2 medium-sized Carrots, finely grated
- 1 (8 oz) package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 package Candy Melts
- 1 set Candy Color
- 24 Lollipop Sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Using a stand mixer, combine the oil, both sugars, eggs and vanilla (the flex edge beater attachment works great for this!).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in grated carrots.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Once cooled:
- Using a fork or just your hands, break the cake into crumbs in a large bowl.
- Add softened cream cheese, and knead gently with your hands until cream cheese is fully incorporated.
- Roll into 24 cake eggs (about 1 heaping tablespoon per egg) and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Place in the fridge to chill while you prepare the decorations.
- Dip the tip of a lollipop stick into the melted coating, then push it into the bottom of a cake egg (about 2/3 of the way in). Wipe off any excess candy coating from the bottom with your finger.
- Holding the lollipop stick, dip the entire cake egg into the coating, making sure the whole thing is covered. Gently tap the stick on the side of the container to allow the excess coating to fall back into the container.
- Place the lollipop stick into a cake pop stand or a block of styrofoam to set.
- Once first coating is set, use a decorating tip set to pipe candy coating designs on the outside of the eggs, as desired. Allow to set.