I have made this video to highlight the serious problems with an organisation known as Child Protection Services (CPS).
This video includes edits from a 4 hour deposition with the head of a CPS division as well as proven facts and statistics. The information in this movie is very disturbing and reveals the problems that are leading to the daily tragedies of children being removed from their families and home with no due process or any legitimate reasons. Families are being put through great atrocities and injustice, and even if these mistakes are undone, it is often too late as the trauma that children have experienced through being separated from their biological families doesn't just go away.
Please watch this short 4 minute video and see for yourself what is actually going on. The CPS system is unfit for purpose and we need to spread this awareness and bring great change as soon as possible. If you have doubted the stories or accusations being made every day at @familyprotection, please take the time to watch this video so you can be informed.
THE CPS IS A BADLY RUN BUSINESS WITH NO ACCOUNTABILITY AND UNTRAINED STAFF WHO CAN NOT BE EASILY FIRED. IT IS NOT A SERVICE AND THEY HAVE NO INCENTIVE WHATSOEVER TO TRY TO REUNIFY FAMILIES OR HELP THEM.
BEING POOR DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE NOT A GOOD PARENT OR THAT YOU DO NOT LOVE YOUR CHILD, OR THAT YOUR CHILD SHOULD BE REMOVED AND PLACED WITH STRANGERS!
ACCORDING TO THE CALIFORNIA 'LITTLE HOOVER COMMISSION REPORT' IN 2003, 30% TO 70% OF THE CHILDREN IN CALIFORNIA GROUP HOMES DO NOT BELONG THERE AND SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THEIR HOMES.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS:
- CPS has no special right to enter your home without your permission, and you can say no to them. Workers do not have a right to obtain search warrants. You can be cooperative with the investigation without letting an investigator walk inside your door. You can open the door and allow them to look inside and still not allow them to come in. Workers should ask you before coming in your home. If you say no, they cannot and will not enter. If they do enter, you can contact the police.
CPS can't test you for drugs without your consent, although there are some good reasons for giving consent.
- If a CPS worker wants to interview your child at your home, they must ask your permission. They cannot speak with your child at your home with you present without your consent. If you say no, they will not conduct the interview.
- If you do not want your child interviewed and an investigator comes to their school, you can tell them no. You can even have something on file at the school stating that no one is allowed to interview your child without you present. Once you have stated to a CPS worker that you do not want your child interviewed, they can not conduct an interview without a court order or “exigent (emergency) circumstances.”
- Once you allow CPS into your home, you can ask them to leave whenever you like and they must comply. They cannot look through your drawers or search your home unless you give them permission to do so. Allowing entry to the home does not entitle the investigator to go through your medicine cabinet. They may look around and see what is visible to the eye, but they must ask permission to open a drawer or the refrigerator.
- It is possible for you to be completely uncooperative. If they never see your child, your home, you, or anyone you know, then there is very little they can do.