Welcome to The Daily Sneak!!!
Come for the crypto, stay for the community!
You can earn up to 5 SBD per accepted submission for guest curating The Daily Sneak. Submission requirements are published at the bottom of each edition of The Daily Sneak.
Today's guest curator is @paradigmprospect.
The expansion of the mind can come in many forms. An underrated idea to consider, some brutal honesty directly from the heart, a piece of advice to get started, poking fun at established norms, transcendental art. Advocating material that has the potential to create beneficial mental shifts, @paradigmprospect is thrilled to present his latest selections of underrated Steemians and their enlightening insights into life, success, discovery and reevaluation.
This one really calmed me down greatly. I'm sure you have heard about the rewardpoolrape stories - a few individuals on steemit recklessly changing the payouts of others' posts through their high voting weight while making it clear that they only do it because they feel like it. If you are a passionate Steemian you may rightly be worried about this development and fear for Steemit's future.
If you see this as a huge problem (like I did) I invite you to read @gsari's eloquent article, offering another viewpoint on the situation altogether. Maybe those people are not really harming Steemit half as much as all the noise suggests?
A passionate and selfless piece of writing about overt and reckless activism that won't do anything but make the people less likely to listen. @alexmoller shares his recent frustrations with us about some vegans who took their noble cause a bit too far - effectively endangering the activism advances against the indifferent slaughtering of animals, by forcing their world view on others who may have listened, had they been approached in a diplomatic manner.
Being a vegan himself, I highly appreciated his ability to be fair and neutral when I read his piece. Not blind ideology, but calibration to the situation is what is needed most if activists are ever to make progress in the public realm.
A great lessons for all sorts of activists out there who believe in their cause!
Who needs tourist guides anyways? Why not ask someone who came to explore the charm of the city for himself and is now relaying his favorite places to visit for all of us after he decided to stay? I loved San Francisco when I visited a few years ago but @stevensteel's picture-filled guide of must-see places would have come in so handy back then.
The article brings back so many beautiful memories... San Fran I miss ya!
Sometimes I am just amazed at the modesty that I encounter with artists of all kinds, especially in the psychedelic scene. Take @chrisdyer's artwork for example. It speaks louder than any PA system, and tells a story of interconnection and depth in color that I have never heard described in words.
Viewing his materpieces I literally feel more connected to the cosmos, and for art like that a long description is neither needed nor relevant.
I mean, just look at this ;)
What great new perspectives @paradigmprospect found for us today. Let us know what you think, and be sure to visit each post and share your thoughts with the authors! For sharing these selections and commentary, @paradigmprospect gets paid 4 SBD.
That's more than $13 USD!!
- You can choose from 2 to 5 articles for your entry. Submissions with only one selected article will be ignored.
- All articles chosen for curation need to have been published within the last 5 days before your entry. It may take time for me to publish your curation, and curated articles need to be within the reward window when your submission is published.
- You cannot submit your own post for curation. Selections from nsfw will not be accepted.
- Selected posts should have less than $50 in total rewards and have not previously been curated by The Daily Sneak.
- We try to spread the love around, so while selections from authors that have been highlighted before are welcome, they might not be included if the author's last inclusion was recent. Similarly, if you include two articles from the same author in one submission, we will typically highlight only one of the two.
- Be sure to include your personal bio for me to introduce you to readers, and make sure that each selection has commentary. This can be just a few sentences about why you think the selection is worth our attention, or what is great about it - something that will make people want to click through the headline and check out the actual article. English is preferred, but other languages will be considered as long as English translation is included.
- Please use this web form to submit your entry. https://goo.gl/forms/VH2MGIMEgqZmd9ef1
- Including image links to the source article is not required (and we prefer to leave some mystery if photography is highlighted and the article has only one photo.) However, we like to include images in The Daily Sneak, and not including any image links may decrease the likelihood of your submissions being published.
If you include more than 2 articles in your submission and not all are approved for publication, your submission may still be published into an edition of The Daily Sneak, as long as at least 2 articles are approved. This could happen for several different reasons. If you are unsure why an article was cut, please review the submission guidelines again. If you are still unsure, feel free to ask politely why it was cut.
A brief biography of each guest curator will be included in the edition that uses their submission. In addition, each guest curator will receive 1 SBD for each article from their submission that is highlighted in The Daily Sneak. That's up to 5 SBD for each accepted submission!
Right now @sneakyninja's upvote is not worth as much as we are paying for guest curation. Why do we pay so much for guest curation? We believe that quality curation is very important to Steem. Paying our curators well encourages them to spend more time reviewing content and picking out the best pieces!
Banner headline sourced from Pixabay. All other images are sourced from the curated articles. Published commentary about articles are the !originalworks personal opinions of the guest curators, and may not represent the opinions of The Daily Sneak or its editor. USD earnings of guest curators are based on market price of SBD at time of publication. SBD prices are subject to change.