Basic Attention Token (#BAT) is a blockchain based digital advertising system which pays publishers for their content, users for their attention and provides advertisers with an honest return on their investment
Behind this technology are such people:
- Brian Bondy: Previously: Khan Academy, Mozilla, Evernote
- Yan Zhu: EFF Fellow. Previously: Yahoo, Tor Project, HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger
- Scott Locklin: Co-founded Kerf Software. Machine Learning, Forecasting & Quantitative Finance
- Ankur Nandwani: Coinbase, Brave Advisor
- Greg Badros: Angel Investor; previously:Facebook, Google
- Zooko Wilcox: The Zcash Company, Least Authority; previously: Mojo Nation, DigiCash
System is found by ICO
ICO started with eth block number 3,798,640. Most important thing is that was funded in 30 seconds
In only 602 transations they earn ETH/USD Value: $36,054,666.30
You can see whole details here
Here are top 3 transations
What we can see at 31.05.2017, more than 50% of BAT are in hands of 4 accounts.
Now: The Top 100 holders collectively own 94.14% (1,412,132,901.00 Tokens) of BAT
Price and Capitalization
You can see how big this event was, and it was only the start.
If you want to know more:
I should definity check this technology in long term. What do you think about it?