Thank you to everyone who wrote in with descriptions on how they treat themselves when they have the time and resources! It's definitely a great idea to do it once in while... although, too much is a bit indulgent.. but once every now and then is a great way to give yourself something that is out of the mundane routine!
Anyway, this week... I'm thinking about idioms (again...). My very much Dutch kids are having fun teasing me about all the little Dutch sayings that I just don't understand and completely baffled by... Interestingly enough, they find it much less fun when I tease them about the Australian things that they have no experience with...
- What is a favourite idiom of yours from your country (or some other country)? Why do you like it and what does it mean?
My sample answer
One of my favourite Australian idioms is... to "spit the dummy".... or having a "dummy spit"!
Well, it needs to be explained that in Australia, we call what Americans call pacifiers... dummies. We also sometimes call Americans dummies... but that is a completely different thing!
Anyway, having a Dummy Spit is when some is completely losing it with uncontrollable anger... you know the sort of tantrums that kids have when they are toddlers... the full body, everything is just #$%@$%$# with the world and you are the cause... and screaming and crying and all of that... this usually results in the dummy being spat out of the mouth!
With adults, it can be pretty much the same... except they don't crash to the fall and scream... mostly!
- Upvote if you want, it increases the payout and then I can hopefully sponsor more people.
- Resteem is NOT neccessary, but the more people see this, the more the people will be likely to be sponsored.
- In the comments, answer as best as you can the questions that are posed in the "My Questions"!
- I have added a small Steem-Bounty to the post, so that everyone who replies with a valid entry will get something back. If I give your post a small upvote, it is valid (also, subscribe to @dustsweeper for maximum benefit!).
- I will be sponsoring as many people as this post pays out in liquid SBD/STEEM. Also I will kick in at least the required amount to round up to the full number. Winner is by random generator after a shortlisting of quality comments!
Steem Basic Income
One of the first communities that I came in contact with at the beginning of my time at Steemit was @steembasicincome. As a author starting out on your fresh new Steemit account, Steemit can be a daunting and lonely place to be. OFten, it can feel like you are posting into an abyss with no one listening and with no ability to grow out of the situation. A share of Steem Basic Income gives you a guaranteed vote on one post a day, thus giving you a small but over time cumulative support to your account to help grow you out of your initial wilderness!
With this post, I want to help sponsor people who might not even have the spare 1 STEEM that is required for registration. So, when this post pays out, I will sponsor people depending on the payout of this post. Basically, I will round up the SBD payout from this post and then that will be the number of people I will sponsor. (So, if the payout is 2.3 SBD, I will sponsor 3 people). OF course, this is not simply an altruistic move, as the sponsor of a Steem Basic Income share also gets a share, so it is a great way to help others whilst helping yourself!
Last week's winners
The last post paid out 0 SBD and 1.389 STEEM in liquid earnings. So, that would make 2 shares.
The winners by random draw are:
Account banner by jimramones