A week ago, we brought to your notice of the @steemminna visit to Dr Yahaya Bawa Primary School located at Bosso, Minna, Niger State, Nigeria.
Where we selected 20 of the school children whose uniforms had gone bad and those also without uniforms. Also we selected eight of the school children who were not having sandals as well.
It was a great day of joy yesterday as @inspiredgideon1 and @mickyscofield who are members of the @steemminna team visited the school for the distribution of the 20 uniforms and 8 school sandals. The joy of the children knew no bound as the uniforms were handed over to them.
Five of the school children were not present in school that yesterday because they were sent home for non payment of their PTA fee(Teachers Parents Association) and funny enough the fee was not up to 5 dollars but yet the parents of these few couldn't afford it because of life unfairness. We then handed over the five uniforms to the secretary of the school who took us round the school so that it could be handed over to the five children who were not around yesterday.
Some pictures from the visit.
Some staffs of the school and the @steemminna team
Group photograph of the 15 children who were present.
The secretary showing his appreciation in the short video clip.
The total expenditure of the visit was 38,000 naira which is roughly placed at 110 dollars.
(Logo design by @izzrael)
Our six objectives
- First, to reach out to the students in the five higher institutions in Niger state, educating them about wealth creation, cryptocurrency and the steem platform as a way of empowering them financially and from there to reach out to other institutions within the northern region of Nigeria. The five institutions within the state include
Federal University Of Technology Minna
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University Lapai
Federal Polytechnic Bida
College Of Education Chanchanga
College Of Education, Kontongora
- To introduce at least 50 people who are ready to produce good content to the steem platform and with easy account creation through the steemconnect with available relevant guide to help them understand the platform by one of the team members.
- Reach out to orphanages in the northern part of Nigeria starting from Niger state with the sole aim of providing them with food items and other basic necessities of life because it was not their fault to be orphans but life’s unfairness got to them at a very early stage.
- Reach to secondary and primary school children to provide them with writing materials, school uniforms and meals. @steemteens is running that already.
- Job creation for unemployed youths, skill acquisition and empowering those in businesses with some capital to boast their businesses.
- Once a while visitation to the hospital to help in settling the bills of some patients and providing meals to those who don’t have the money.