20 Books I Want to Read in 2018!
Would you like to see the 20 books I want to read in 2018 and that are in my Amazon wish list because this might give you ideas on what to read next or you may want to tell us what book(s) you recommend that I could add to my list?
All the books in my Amazon wish list below are linked directly to the Amazon page for each book and none are affiliate links.
20 Books I Want to Read in 2018!
There are quite a few books that I put in my Amazon wish list, a lot of them were recommended by @jerrybanfield in his videos on YouTube or blog posts.
I personally read books that are recommended by other people and in the Kindle format because I can have them on my computer and my phone, which is handy when I have some free time waiting for my daughter to finish a piano or a Maths lesson.
The book I have been reading, and which I am nearly finished with is, "The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet – Lose weight, get healthy and feel amazing: As seen in the hit film 'Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead'" by Joe Cross, which has been very useful.
Would you recommend a book (which is not already in the list) that you have been reading, here in the comments with cover image and non-affiliate link to Amazon, because this might be useful for us to discover a good book and the 5 first users to post will get 1 SBD each from me?
All images are book covers from Amazon.com.
My Amazon Wish List
This is my Amazon wish list in no specific order and maybe you can help me pick my next book?
- What I Learned Losing A Million Dollars by Brendan Moynihan.
- Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing by Anita Moorjani.
- How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease by Greger MD, Michael, Gene Stone.
- Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition by T. Colin Campbell, Howard Jacobson.
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Timothy Ferriss, Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene, Joost Elffers.
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Commentary on the Raja Yoga Sutras by Sri Swami Satchidananda by Swami Satchidananda.
- The Art Of War by Sun Tzu, Lionel Giles.
- The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick) by Seth Godin.
- The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith by Gabrielle Bernstein.
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle.
- A New Earth (Oprah #61): Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle.
- Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial by Tony Robbins.
- MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom by Tony Robbins.
- Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook by Tony Robbins.
- The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation by Thich Nhat Hanh, Vo-Dihn Mai.
- The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching: Transforming Suffering into Peace, Joy, and Liberation by Thich Nhat Hanh.
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.
- The Power (The Secret Book 2) by Rhonda Byrne.
- The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pages of Cutting-Edge Content by Timothy Ferriss.
You can see my Wish List on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2K2BR6FVA45UX/
I hope that you enjoyed reading this post with the list of books that I want to read in 2018.
Would you upvote this post and follow me for more because this will encourage me to write more posts about books like this one?
Would you please help @jerrybanfield become a top 10 Witness because you can help funding projects to build Steem as explained here? Vote for jerrybanfield as a witness or set jerrybanfield as a proxy to handle all witness votes at https://steemit.com/~witnesses. Read the 5 reasons why I'm voting for Jerry Banfield as a witness and how to vote in my post. You may be interested to read: What is a Steem Witness, How to Vote and Why?
reading books is a good habit
Yes, I believe it is, thank you for commenting.
I recently learned that there is a dust threshold on Steemit that makes all post or comment earnings (and curation rewards) worthless when they are below 0.02$ as a way to combat spam. (read This Post from @fullcoverbetting about it.) I also have upvoted comments on my post often with 0.01$ often just to show that the comment has been read these past 8 months without knowing about it.
Check back on posts that are 7 days or older and you will see 0.00$ on comments you kindly upped for 0.01$.
** I assumed a 1% upvote would get your 0.01$ comment worth up to 0.02$ but it didn't, maybe when the price of steem goes up a bit it gets there.
It can go one way or another, a 1 cent comment can become a 2 cents comment. Thank you for commenting and sharing a link to a post. If there is a threshold, then I will try to vote over it.
I think that "The 4-Hour Workweek" is great, some of the ideas there are mind-boggling. "The Power of Now" is very inspirational and I know people whose lives were changed because of this book. You will probably find "Secret" a bit far-fetched. :) Nice list, enjoy reading!
Thank you very much for commenting @earworm snd giving your opinion on some of the books.
I've read (or seen a summary) of most of those books, to be honest most of them did not really do that much for me since they fail to cover the fundamentals which is understanding the brain.
The Michael Greger How Not to Die (Youtube conference) did really change the way I see food along with his nutritionfacts.org website.
Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain helped me a lot to be much more active on a regular basis
The Power Of Now gave me a good start to understand the concept of identity but I really hate the way it's written (a lot of spirital things)
What by far did the most for my personal development is the Real Talk Podcasts (Book Real Anwers) It's not for everybody though (aimed at a specific audience) and it can take quite some time to understand everything.
Thank you for your long comment giving us your opinion about different books and the links to books you recommend. I added Spark (https://www.amazon.com/dp/0316113514) to my wish list, as well as Real Answers (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E4K2KJA). I'm sending you 1 SBD for these recommendations.
Thanks gmichelbkk !
Enjoy your 2018 reading year
If ready this books will brings joy and gladness into your heart,why not, every good readers need time and the time will always be there for you okay, patient to be glorious my boss, more to come boss..
Thank you for your nice comment here @emmanueltare.
I am adding some of these to my read-list too. Thanks @gmichelbkk for this list 👍
I am glad that you like some of the books in my list here @gpalav.
"The Power" is a book that challenges you to complete a specific task every day for 30 days. When you read it - be sure to blog about it so we can follow along!
Thank you for telling me what I will find in this book and I will certainly make posts as you suggested.
So here I am reading The Dip. I've read The Art of War and Awaken the Giant Within in the past. Next is The Miracle of Mindfulness. Thanks. Good List!
I am glad that you like this list @joannereid.
This is an excellent book. I'm going thru it for the fourth time. A compendium of Buddhist thought on living a peaceful, soul filled life, by Jack Kornfield. Highly recommended. Blessings.
Thank you for being the first to recommend a book to read (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013TPVU6/), I have sent you 1 SBD, and I'm adding it to my wish list.
How Not To Die I suggested this book to you my friend @gmichelbkk, reading books is wonderful activity.
Thank you for your comment @rabeel, I have had recommendation for this book from different people.
You are is the best my friend good reading
Thank you very much!
You are welcome my friend...
You are welcome my friend
great inform of marvelous book
thanks sir for sharing
I am glad you like it!
This post has received a 8.41 % upvote from @boomerang.