Columbian Vise Restoration
In this video I show the process I used for a restoration of an old Columbian vise (model C 43 1/3). I started with a wire wheel and flap grinding wheel on the angle grinder to remove the old paint and rust. I also used an abrasive blaster to get the paint and rust out of the hard to reach areas. I used Rust-Oleum farm equipment spray paint in classic red. I think it turned out pretty nice! Let me know in the comments below what you thought about this restoration. Thanks for watching!
A couple clarifications: I referred to using a grinding disk in the video. To clarify I used a flap grinding wheel. About the air compressor issue: I mentioned that I had a problem with volume, but what I really meant was a problem with CFM in my small shop compressor, thus the reason I used a different, much larger compressor with higher CFM.