Greetings from @davinci.witness!
Thanks to @pab.ink for making this fantastic drawing!
This is the seventh report of the translation activity conducted in collaboration with @utopian-io (you can find the previous week HERE). The stats show that there was a slow down in the translation activity of the past week. This was probably due to several factors such as a lower value of steem, the summer holidays and the waning of the initial enthusiasm on the translator's side. This is physiological and it should probably be compensated by an increase in the number of translators per team and also it may call for the implementation of activity requirements to maintain the status of approved translator. This being said, in our opinion the biggest factor that contributed to the slow down was also the absence of a recruiting window.
Unfortunately, the frequency of recruiting windows are beyond our control. We can open recruiting windows only when we have the resources needed to support additional teams.
Right now the resources at our disposal are limited therefore we decided to focus on the consolidation of the current teams. The good news is that we decided to open a new recruiting window from August 24th to 29th.
In particular we are looking to fill the following positions:
- 4 translators for the Dutch team
- 4 translators for the Slovenian team
- The teams Spanish, German, Greek, Italian and Chinese also need additional translators.
If your language is not among the ones mentioned above please do not be discouraged, we invite you to apply anyway. We store all your applications and there may be cases such as a sudden availability of voting power or the suspension of an existing team that may allow us to enable new teams quickly if needed. Therefore, having applications ready for teams will allow us to do so and maybe enable just your team.
As a witness, we are doing our best to foster the growth of smaller communities and we are delighted to help. Help us by Voting davinci as a witness. VOTE US
DAVINCI TRANSLATION REPORT 7 - July 29 2018 -:- August 04 2018
WEEK 7 SUMMARY:
- 68 translations
- Translators have received rewards for $ 3,240
- LMs have received rewards for $ 526.43
- CMs have received rewards for $ 322.04
- 66,444 words have been translated, with an average of 972 words per post
- Average score received to evaluate the translations is 66.51/100
- Average translation payout is $ 47.65
- Number of languages in which translations were made here are 9
- Number of translators who worked are 26
- 66,444 words were translated this week with a unit cost of $ 0.05 per word
In this table (click to enlarge) you can find averages, medians, mode, minimum and maximum values related to this weeks.
First chart show:
- Number of post (translations)
- Upvote (SUM of all % distributed)
Compared to last week:
- -19.05% Translation
- -19.38% Total score
- -19.52% Total upvote
- -33.26% Total payout
- -15.47% Words translated
Scores assigned by our LMs
Averages of the scores assigned to the translations by our LMs, the points vary from a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 4 for the following categories:
- formatting, language and overall presentation of the post
- overall value of this contribution on the open source community
- total volume of the translated text
- overall difficulty rate of the translated text (this value depends on the type of text to be translated)
- rate the semantic accuracy of the translated text
In the first chart, there is overall average score assigned per week.
In the second chart, there is average time taken to review a translation. Calculated between the date and time of publication of the post and the comment left by the LM. It is not intended as time spent in the review, but only after how long the post is reviewed.
Stay tuned for the next report!
about the development of this project.
CLICK HERE AND VOTE FOR DAVINCI.WITNESS
DAVINCI WITNESS TRAIL
DAVINCI WITNESS DISCORD SERVER