In 2014, 1% is the US population claimed to eat vegan. According to the article linked below, 6% of the US population claims to eat vegan. Of course...with an abundance of information from the internet, we are all waking up and realizing that eating animal flesh is just pure bs and the “smoke and mirrors” of taste.
Even McDonalds is curious about getting a piece of this vegan action. Check out the McVegan!
Update: more reflections...
It is amazing to say that over 1/20 of the population (6%) is vegan. I do feel comfortable with this statistic due to many reasons:
- Most vegans (that I know or who convert) stay vegan. Especially Long-term vegans.
- All of the non-vegans are dying of heart disease. Sadly.
- The number of people that I hear of switching to a vegan diet is absolutely increasing every month. I have started to take a tally count!
- The demand for vegan products in grocery stores has absolutely skyrocketed in the last few years...and even in the last year! I see the “vegan area” of common grocery stores (like ones that I used to visit more frequently) growing larger in size over time.
- Many documentaries have come out within the last few years on this subject alone.
People are sick of being sick. They’re sick of being scammed by the meat and protein industry. And most of all, they see that vegan people are good people enjoying their life... and this is a HUGE influential factor when an emotional meat eater reflects on the complications on their life and how they instinctually know that there’s a better way.
I would like to take this moment to thank a few people for being an excellent example to me. Amanda Burger, Rich Lysloff, and Marc Loutzenhiser: thank you for being such a positive example to show me that there is a peaceful life beyond consuming flesh. From deep within my heart! :)
No one needs to consume flesh for anything or any reason, and no one without corrupt taste even likes it anyways 😀 Ever feel suppressed in this society? the truth will set you free.