The Amanuensis is an automated songwriting and recording system aimed at ridding the process of anything left-brained, so one need never leave a creative, spontaneous and improvisational state of mind, from the inception of the song until its final master. The program will construct a cohesive song structure, using the best of what you give it, looping around you and growing in real-time as you play. All you have to do is jam and fully written songs will flow out behind you wherever you go.
If you want to try it out, please get a hold of me! Playtesters wanted!
I'm looking for a designer to create a logo for my open-source project The Amanuensis. I write code (and music), but graphics aren't my strong suit. That being said, I'm pretty open to what it could look like. As long as it looks cool and enhances that overall professional appeal of the project, I'm sure I'll be happy!
I can give you a few suggestions to get started however:
- the words present in the logo should be, "The Amanuesis"
- a second version should also include the words, "Automated Songwriting and Recording"
- the word "The" should be in small font, perhaps tucked above the "Am" of Amanuensis
- the word "Amanuensis" should be a large bold font, perhaps something futuristc or robotic-looking
- on the second version, the words "Automated Songwriting and Recording" should also be in a small font, directly below "Amanuensis", perhaps exactly as wide as that larger word and butting up next to it
- the general color scheme of the software can be seen in the screenshot below. It's basically "monochrome", but rather than white it uses a beige color (RGB values of 239 243 185). Everything else is actually black, not gray, with varying levels of opacity. Perhaps the logo could stick to this scheme; if it also utilized many varying levels of black opacity, I imagine it could look real nice.
All of the above are just suggestions; if you have other ideas, let me hear them! Another option that I think would be real cool would be some free-form hand drawing or the like. I'm always interested in collaboration with artists of any kind! Just a thought, not a requirement.
I'm thinking 2 files should be produced: a large one that is more of a banner and fits perfectly across the width of a Steemit post and a small one that can fit roughly within the red box in the following screenshot (let's say dimensions 100 x 30)
The small one can be the one that doesn't include the words, "Automated Songwriting and Recording".
Any standard file format should be fine.
On a side note, I could also use someone with video editing skills to put together some demo videos of the project in action! Let me know if this interests you as well.
We can discuss how long it may take to complete, but I think right now 2 weeks would be adequate from the time the task is accepted.
Reply to this post or contact me through Github for more details. I can also be found on discord @to_the_sun or you can message me at soundcloud.com/to_the_sun.