Start a chrome extension project with Vue-CLI with ease! Simply create a project with
vue create test-project and then once is all setup run
vue add chrome-ext and you have a chrome extension that works with Vue.js!
Image from Font Awesome
About this Projects
- What is the project about?
- This project is hosted on Github and NPM, where it will generate manifest.json, popup.html and options.html for chrome extension.
- It support Typescript as well.
Node.js, Webpack, Vue.js
- Add background script.
- Make options to generate certain files. (popup, background, etc)
- Move over with this template where testing is all setup.
- Add better testing instead of using sh file.
- Clean up src and public file (currently needed to be done manually).
- Support class-style component syntax for the template
- How to contribute?
Project is hosted on GitHub, feel free to send in Pull Request and file Issues.
What feature(s) did you add?
- Generate manifest.json
- Generate popup.html
- Generate options.html
- Emit file out for the command
npm run build-watch
- Support TypeScript (only generated with vue add typescript)
How did you implement it/them?
For this to work, it basically just modify 3 files:
- index.js for webpack configuration.
- prompts.js for CLI prompts to ask question.
- generator/index.js to do file manipulations.