SteemPlus 2.4 : Utopian-1UP is here!
Users maximize their curation rewards while helping Utopian to distinguish the best contributions!
How to use 1UP?
- Download SteemPlus ( Installation instruction on the bottom of the post)
- Login to SteemPlus (from the SteemPlus popup or the SteemPlus button on Steemit , Busy or Utopian)
- You should see the 1UP Button appear on Utopian
- Click on it to vote for the best contributions :
- After your vote is casted, the icon will become blue and you can see how many people already voted for this post.
- You can vote 10 times a day
- You must have a reputation of 45 or more
- You can only vote once a day for the same person
- You cannot vote for yourself
- You cannot vote for a post that has already been upvoted by either @utopian-1up or @utopian-io.
Every 2.4 hours, when @utopian-1up account reaches 100% Voting Power, it will upvote the contribution that has the biggest number of 1UP votes. It will be followed by the entire 1UP curation trail (over 100 people are in the trail already).
For now and in order to check that everything is working well, @steem-plus account will be voting instead of the trail. Once I'm sure that everything is working as expected, I will make the switch and we ll start seeing big juicy upvotes from the trail!
1UP Front end
You can see which contribution is going to be upvoted next and when in the 1UP front-end. Big thanks to @wehmoen for offering us the domain!
You can also get a listed of the best post of the day, the day before, or simply the best ever!
Other improvements : Popup redesign and Onboarding
@tobias-g made an awesome job at redesigning the SteemPlus popup and creating an onboarding tutorial for new users!
No need to show you the onboarding here, you will see it on your favorite extension soon enough ;)
Overview of features
Available on Steemit and Busy
- Voting slider for minnows (you do not need to vote at 100% anymore!)
- True value of your account on your wallet (calculated with current SBD and STEEM market prices)
- Delegation button in your wallet (with list of delegatees and undelegate button)
- One click switch between Steemit , Busy, Utopian and Steemd
Available on Steemit (and mspsteem)
- Feed+ : Filter your feed by tags, resteems (hide, show, blacklist, whitelist), reputation and sort it by upvotes/date/payout
- STEEM/USD and SBD/USD values in the user dropdown
- Option to add beneficiaries to your post (you can say that 10% of your post payout will go to one of your friends for example)
- Cool badges on user profiles show their rank: Plankton, Minnow, Dolphin, Orca and Whales
- Direct transfer to users
Login via SteemConnect
Before accessing the SteemPlus features, you first need to connect using SteemConnect v2. SteemConnect is very safe and is the standard way to give access to Steem Apps.
Simply click the gray SteemPlus logo and it will start the login via SteemConnect. Follow the instructions and add your private key. Once done you will be redirect to the page you were before and see that the SteemPlus logo has turned blue:
Congratulations! You now have access to all the features!
Adding two new functions to the user dropdown on Steemit:
- Direct access to Market
- Base price from the blockchain
- STEEM/USD price (Coinmarket API)
- SBD/USD price (Cryptonator API)
One click switch
Voting slider for Minnows
To access the voting slider, click on the popup and go to Upvote tab, make sure the url corresponds to what you want to upvote and click Upvote. For a comment, first click on the date to change the URL.
From the same popup you can also access the options to turn on and off the features.
True account value
On both Steemit and Busy, you can check the true value of your account (based on current value of SBD and Steem rather than an average).
You can find the delegation button in both Steemit and Busy wallets:
Simply fill the form and you will be redirected via SteemConnect to confirm. Note that you can undelegate directly from there and see who are your delegatees. If you undelegate, you won't be able to use your previously delegated SP during 7 days.
On Steemit you can now add beneficiaries to your posts and decide which percentage of your post they will receive.
Note the following:
- Beneficiaries rewards will be perceived on SP only
- @steem-plus will get a 5% reward
- You cannot exceed 100% obviously
- You cannot exceed 6 beneficiaries
Wanna see what your Steem rank is, as well as others ? The badges are here for you!
You can chose between the ones above and those from this serie:
I kept the best for the end!
Filter and sort your feed at will with Feed+
How to install
If you're using Chrome, it's very straightforward, you just have to install SteemPlus from the Chrome Store here and enjoy!
- Add and install the Download Chrome Extension from the Opera add-ons gallery.
- Select Add to Opera in here.
- Accept the disclaimer.
- You'll be shown the extension manager page, select Install in front of SteemPlus.
- Install Chrome Store Foxified.
- Select Add to Firefox in here.
- If you wish to install the add-on permanently, you need to login to addons.mozilla.org and have your cookies enabled!
SteemPlus is opensource and available on Github here.
I encourage all of you to participate to the development of SteemPlus, either by your ideas or your technical help, depending on your background. For this, you can use the awesome Utopian.io platform, that rewards contribution to opensource projects.
Future work :
- Add missing features to Busy
- Take and fix buggy Steemit More Info features
Hope this helps!
I am working on SteemPlus on my free time because I think it can make Steemit/Busy better by adding some features. If you like my work, please upvote and resteem so that I can keep doing what I'm doing. Thank you ;)
Big shoutout to @jerrybanfield and his budgets project that allow us the speed up the development of SteemPlus!
Powered by @adsactly
Powered by @utopian-ioLike what I do? Vote @stoodkev for witness!
Posted on Utopian.io - Rewarding Open Source Contributors