Merged Pull Request
http://steemfriends.org is a popular tool with approximately 20,000 hits per month.
New Feature One
As @emrebeyler suggested last update, I have now added a second tag to my article finder search forms, for both Voted and Written Articles.
So let's say I wanted to find all the tutorial articles I have written for utopian-io.
Step 1: Click on "User History" on the navigation bar, then click on "Written Articles". This will take you to the Article Search form. Alternatively, just go to this link: http://steemfriends.org/articlelist.php?mode=written
Step 2: Type in your username and two tags. In my case, I'm going to type in magicmonk as the username, and the two tags will be utopian-io and tutorial.
Step 3: Change the dates so you are able to find articles between the specified two dates. I'm going to make it January 1 2016 until now, so I can search for all the articles I've written from the start.
Step 4: Tick "exclude comments" so comments won't be included.
Step 5: Click the "List Articles Written" blue button.
A screenshot of all the steps plus the search results has been provided below:
You can see a list of tutorials that I have written for Utopian-io during this time.
You can also try the above steps for articles you have voted here: http://magicmonktutorials.com/mysteemitfriends/articlelist.php?mode=upvote
New Feature Two
Now let's say I want to do a tutorial for angular.js and I'd like to see if someone else has done the same thing for Utopian-io.
I can search for articles even without providing the author's name. Under the same page, I can simply type utopian-io for the first tag, tutorial for the second tag, "angular" for the title, pick 2 dates and search.
Now you can see a list of angular tutorials people have written for Utopian-io.
How they were implemented:
3 files were updated in this pull request:
input for second tag, allow no author
- The Articlelist controller now accepts input for the second tag.
- The controller now allows for no author to be provided and still run a query as long as the first tag has been provided (e.g. find all articles written for a particular tag).
queries allow for 2nd tag input, no author and limit results
- 2nd tag input accepted into query to database functions.
- no author needs to be provided if a tag has been specified
- results limited to 500 to relieve pressure on database resources.
modify form to submit 2nd tag, add link to author
- Modified the form to include a text box to enter a second tag.
- Added hyperlinks to authors on table.