French translation of OroCRM, Contribution N°1 (1009 words)
Project Details :
OroCRM is an open source Client Relationship Management (CRM) application that allows to:
- Create a 360° view of your customers across multiple channels;
- Organize the sales pipeline;
- Manage account and contact information;
- Communicate with customers;
- Run marketing campaigns;
- Track campaign performance.
It is a composer package that requires an application to initialize and run it. A crm-application is an example of such application which simplifies initial project setup and configuration.
You can find documentation for OroCRM on orocrm website.
Contribution specifications :
- This is my first contribution on OroCRM open source project.
- The text translated was not much difficult, except some long sentences.
- OroCRM project is dedicated for business, so the text contains a sense of economics and marketing. In fact, the translation should be as simple as possible to attract French visitors.
In this session
- Strings that were translated are :
- These strings contain messages that explain how to proceed on OroCRM.
In general, I did not find much trouble. There were some typos, but it did not cause problems :
- The case resolution information in a free from : “free form”
- How the information about the issue was recieved.: “received”
- The translation was from English to French
- In general, the language used is simple.
- Some sentences were a bit long, with no punctuation, what makes the comprehension a bit difficult.
- Total word translated: 1045
- Untranslated words: 36
- Final count: 1009