Writers win five Steem! The November 13th Twenty-four hour short story contest--A little boy gets a new fish for his aquarium that keeps growing and growing.
The 24 hour short story challenge
(But you'll get a little more time than that...)
I am fascinated by science fiction writer Harlan Ellison writing short stories in a book store window. He wrote short stories, with everyone watching, for years. People started to questioned if he already had the stories, so he began to take suggestions for topics from people watching. Chris Carter of X-files fame gave him the topic of a 102-year-old pregnant corpse, and he wrote a story based on that idea.
So thus the idea behind this contest was born. You can write a short story in a short amount of time.
Here are the terms of the contest.
Write a short story no longer than 2,000 words, based on the topic phrase.
Here is the topic for you short story:
A little boy gets a new fish for his aquarium that keeps growing and growing.
Here are the rules for entry
1. Upvote this post.
2. Resteem this post (And actually even you don't enter this contest and you read this post, resteeming this would be greatly appreciated to get the word out for more participants. Thanks!) (I've gotten comments about this policy. The reason for the upvotes and resteem is help provide funding for the contest.)
3. In your post put a link to this post.
4. Post a link to your story in the comments below. (This is really important, this is how I keep track of entries. I check my replies for entries.) Entries are due by 9 p.m. EST (New York/D.C. Time) Tuesday November 13. This actually gives you a little over 48 hours from when I make this post. But I want to give more time to allow for more people to enter the contest.
5. Use the tag twentyfourhourshortstory for your first tag. (Don't use # before the tag or it goes over the 24 character limit. 24...24 hour short story contest...Ironic don't you think...)Feel free to use other tags as you wish.
5 Steem for First Place.
3 Steem for Second Place
1 Steem for Third Place
And depending on how many entries I receive I may give out Steem for other entries. But again that all depends on the amount and quality of posts. (I am personally putting up the rewards for this contest, there be no whales here capt’in. So upvoting and resteeming helps keep this thing going.)
So please upvote with as much power as you can. That helps fund the contest. Currently @curie has funded the contest for a couple months. Extra Steem earned can go back to more rewards for the contest.
Here's what you get for participating, even if you don't win.
1. I upvote every entry, and I resteem every entry to over
1,000 2,000 followers.
2. I create a post at the end of every contest and I mention and link to your post. Again going out to over a
1,000 2,000 followers.
3. A regular community of participants has developed around this contest and they read and comment on the entries.
4. (Then of course there is the chance for winning some extra Steem!)Thanks for reading and good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
P.S. If by Friday you see I have not resteemed or upvoted your entry, shoot me a comment. I may have missed it. I am getting more entries to read, and contrary to rumor...I am human. Thanks! I look forward to reading your entry!