This is the story of my life so far: 67 years and counting.
Prequel: A Brief History of my Family in France
A painting of myself in 1972, when I still had hair
I have always been interested in the life of people I meet: how they become what they are now, what kind of jobs they have, etc...
My wife and my daughters sometimes tell me that I am too nosy, that I ask too many questions to people I just met.
Here, I am always happy to hear news of the lives of @papa-pepper or of @stellabelle and the story of @charlyshrem.
As the story of my family had some kind of success, I thought that I would continue with my personal story that will include the continuation of my family story.
Not that I am a superhero or any kind of celebrity, but I have done some things in my life that may be interesting to describe.
Here is the summary of my life, so far:
- I was born in France during the 1940s (quite at the end, in October 1949, but still during the 1940s ;-)
- I am the third child of a family of 11 children
- Like my grandfather and two of my uncles, I became of French Navy officer
- I met my first wife, an African black woman, in Douala, Cameroon
- We got married 6 years later in France, against the will of my parents
- Being unable to have biological children, we adopted 4 black children, two from Haiti and two from Cameroon
- After 20 years in the French Navy, I became a software engineer
- After my first wife left me, I emigrated with my 4 children to British Columbia, Canada
- I raised my children as a single dad for 10 years
- 17 years ago, I started to work at home through the Internet for a company located mostly in New York and Paris
- 8 years ago, I met my second wife, a Hungarian woman, through an agency
- At 67 years of age, I am still working full time, at home
This is me today
If you like my stories, please consider to follow me @vcelier