SteemTrail's TRAIL coin - Live Now!
It Has Begun!
SteemTrail is excited to begin issuing Trail Coins (TRAIL) to authors, curators and all who are part of the steemtrail Streemian trail.
Trail Coin (TRAIL)
What is it?
TRAIL is a reward token for participants in the SteemTrail venture (#steemtrail). As stated in TRAIL's introduction a couple of days ago:
The purpose of TRAIL is to reward those who participate in SteemTrail as curators and are active in the voting trail. Authors who are chosen by SteemTrail communities and upvoted by SteemTrail will also be rewarded with TRAIL.
How do I get TRAIL?
In order to offer an objective reward system, each participant will receive TRAIL in accordance with their actions, regardless of their reputation or Steem Power. SteemTrail is confident that such a system promotes greater participation among all members, regardless of their Steemit status or ranking.
Currently, there are three main ways to earn TRAIL.
Follow the SteemTrail trail on Streemian.com. If you haven’t signed up yet, go to Streemian and set it up. It’s a good service anyway, for multiple reasons. @xeroc’s done a great job. Once you’ve set it up, pick “steemtrail” as an operator. For each vote StreemTrail makes on your behalf, you’ll receive one TRAIL. We’re estimating about 60-80 votes per day, with expectations of eventually approaching 100 votes per day. NOTE: If you are using another reliable method (ie. CLI wallet or voting bot) to follow SteemTrail, please let us know and you will be included.
Write great content. The author of each article that the @SteemTrail account upvotes will also receive one TRAIL. Your article is more likely to be found by SteemTrail if it includes #steemtrail as a tag. SteemTrail will leave a comment indicating that your article was upvoted, which will serve as your claim to one TRAIL.
Participate in a SteemTrail. SteemTrail Curators that are active in at least one trail will receive participation rewards of 300 TRAIL per week. To become an active curator involves announcing your intent to curate trail specific content, joining the SteemTrail voting trail, and participating in voting of posts selected. As a team, you set the guidelines for how this is managed and make decisions internally. Many trails are active now, but there are still many that are not. And we can always create a new one for you if you can’t find an appropriate trail for your interest or expertise.
How do I can get involved?
- Join the SteemTrail Discord server.
- Go to the #steemtrail channel and read the pinned documents.
- Go to the introduce_yourself_to_steemtrail channel and introduce yourself.
- Check the existing trails to see if there’s one you want to become a part of. If there’s not, let @instructor2121 know so he can set one up for you. If there is, check to see if folks are already managing it and engage with them. If nobody is managing it yet, then feel free to start doing so and building your own team.
- Set up your Open Ledger account. Once you’ve done so, go to the #open-ledger-account-add channel in SteemTrail’s Discord server and share your account information (OL account “my-username” and Steem account “my-username”).
- Set up your Streemian account. Once you’ve done so, make steemtrail your operator (you can choose more than one, but be aware that your voting power gets diluted when you vote more). Or, if you’re using a bot or CLI wallet, let @instructor2121 know in Discord.
- As your team grows and your topic-trail matures, you may want additional features or see opportunities for us to provide more tools. Let us know, and we’ll keep you apprised of developments as the TRAIL initiative progresses.
TIP: It is best to use the same name for your Open Ledger account, so as to avoid confusion when distributing TRAIL. Once you’ve done so, head over to the SteemTrail Discord server and provide your Open Ledger account info in the #open-ledger-account-add channel. Then please simply post:
OL account “my-username” and Steem account “my-username”
This will assure that distribution makes it to your Open Ledger wallet.
You’ll also find an ask-rick-and-joe channel on the Discord server. Please feel free to post ideas and questions there. There are other pertinent channels as well, including #trailcoin and #open-ledger-account-add.
Have fun! Steemit is a great community. And your participation in the SteemTrail initiative will help to make it better and propel it to the next level.
Thank you for helping to make SteemTrail successful. Together, we’ll continue promoting the success of participants and the Steemit community as a whole