A New Scot Tribe On the Block! | Introducing Steemleo - A Community For Investors
- Steemleo is a community for investing content
- We Airdropped over 1.7 Million LEO to PAL stakeholders
- LEOM and LEOMM virtual miners are available on the Steem Engine DEX in limited quantities
- Initial Inflation = 2 Million LEO --> 1.7M for PoB and 300,000 for PoM
- Steemleo.com --> Condenser Instance
- Tube.Steemleo.com --> ScotTube Instance
- Use Tag "steemleo" in your posts to earn LEO and STEEM rewards!
- Payouts may be rather large right off the bat as the network stabilizes and more posts are made
- To get the ball rolling, the @steem.leo account will be upvoting all (eligible) posts under the steemleo tag with our STEEM POWER. After about 1 week we will integrate the Scot Voting service to introduce a sink for the LEO tokens
We’ve been excited about this for a while now. It’s taken some long hours, but thanks to the Steem Engine team, we are officially launching Steemleo.com — A community for investors to talk about anything and everything related to investing.
The common misconception is that investing is about greedy people buying/selling for profit. In reality, investing is about so much more than that. It’s a game of philosophy, ethics, mathematics, fundamental analysis, technical analysis and more.
We’ve created Steemleo for all of the passionate investors across the globe who want to talk about all things investing. Whether you want to build a personal brand around your investing strategies, discuss your philosophies or even make videos about your journey, Steemleo aims to connect passionate investors through a next-generation social media platform that is powered by the Steem Engine smart contract ecosystem and all of the amazing SCOT tools they have created and will continue to create in the future.
To learn more about Steemleo and what we’re about, head over to this link.
What kind of Content Should Be Posted to Steemleo
Using any interface, you can post using the “steemleo” tag to earn LEO rewards and be seen on Steemleo. Remember that Steemleo is about investing-related content. The types of content that can be posted under the category of investing are very wide, but we’re not looking for pictures of your cat!
Initial Integrations From Steem Engine
We plan on using every tool at our disposal and that’s why we love Steem Engine. There are limitless possibilities to what we can do on the Steem blockchain with their help.
To kick things off, we’ll be launching with the following integrations:
- Nitrous a.k.a. Steemleo.com — A fork of the Steemit condenser
- ScotTube a.k.a. LeoTube — A fork of DTube that features Steemleo video content
- Note that you can also post videos on any Steem video interface (DTube, for example) and use the “steemleo” tag to also be posted on LeoTube!
- ScotPeak a.k.a LeoPeak —— Head over to steempeak.com/tribes and you’ll find LEO on the list of tribes. Click open and you’ll be able to view your feed and payouts in LEO & STEEM simultaneously!
- Note that LeoPeak may not be live until 1 or 2 days after launch
- Digital Miners — Mine LEO With Digital Token Miners. Available in limited quantities on the Steem-Engine DEX (more details on the token miners toward the end of this post)
Future Integrations From Steem Engine
We already have some plans for what we’ll integrate in the future.
To get the ball rolling, the @steem.leo account will be upvoting all eligible posts under the “steemleo” tag. 1 week after launch, the @steem.leo account will integrate the SCOT voter service and turn into a sink for the LEO token. We’ll also be opening up for delegations to that account in exchange for the LEO bids that it earns. More info on how The LEO Bot Sink will work is available toward the end of our explainer page.
In the very near future, we’ll also be integrating the ScotBB service to create a forum for the Steemleo platform.
LEO Virtual Token Miner Details
The LEOM and LEOMM miners are now available on the Steem Engine DEX. The mining pool is 300,000 LEO per year which is 15% of the total inflation pool.
- There are 30 winning miners each hour
- LEOMM mines 4x as fast as LEOM, but is only 3x the price. The quantity is also more limited than LEOM
- LEOM is available at 2 STEEM per LEOM --> view LEOM on the DEX
- There are 250,000 LEOM miners
- LEOMM is available at 6 STEEM per LEOMM --> view LEOMM on the DEX
- There are only 70,000 LEOMM miners
Initial and Ongoing Distribution of the LEO Token:
Initial Supply: 9,739,037 LEO
- Palnet Stakeholder Airdrop: 1,739,037
- Team: 2M
- Mods: 1M
- Sell Wall: 2M
- Bounties: 3M
- Initial Inflation: 2M LEO
- 300,000 LEO to PoM (Proof of Mining) Pool (15%)
- 1.7M LEO to PoB (Proof of Brain) Rewards Pool (85%)
- Similar to PAL, the LEO inflation rate drops by 1% every year until it is 4%, then it will remain at 4% per year
We are airdropping to PAL stakeholders for a variety of reasons. The main reason is that Palnet did a claimdrop to the most active Steemians who also weren’t on a particular blacklist. After the claimdrop, the stake of PAL tokens continually spread out as some people dumped their PAL on the market and others bought PAL and decided to stake it.
We feel that the current stake distribution of PAL represents some of the most active/best Steemians on the chain and also represents a group of people who already know how the SCOT ecosystem works and how to use Steem-Engine. If you’re reading this, then the airdrop is live! If you’re a PAL stakeholder, then head over to your Steem-Engine wallet to see (& stake 😉) your LEO tokens!
The Sell Wall will be set at 2 STEEM/LEO and will be for a total 2 million LEO on the Steem-Engine DEX. Ongoing bounties will help to distribute 3 million LEO to active users over the coming years. This LEO will be distributed slowly and carefully to users that we believe will add value to the Steemleo network in the long-term. One of our objectives is to onboard a few mid to high-profile influencers to Steemleo and the Steem blockchain and use bounties to entice their communities as well.
Scotbot Settings (in-depth explanation of these settings will be released in a separate post following this one):
The settings are similar to Palnet:
- Voting is slightly superlinear
- You get 1 free downvote per day
- 50/50 author/curator split
- 7 day payout period
- Inflation drops by 1% every 10512000 blocks (1 year)
We hope you join the Steemleo community and help us reach out to passionate investors across the globe. Our plan is to focus primarily on outward marketing to users outside of the Steem blockchain. One of the essential aspects to a brighter Steem future is a healthy and growing base of users, we hope to make a big dent in this ambition.. Join us on this journey!
if you have any issues with the site or didn't get your airdrop, please leave a comment down below and we'll help you right away. Thank you for your patience.