Hello Planet Steemit,
There has been some serious downward trend in rewards after the Hard Fork 19. Despite getting fewer rewards on our posts, most of us keep posting (which is a good thing). But there's something we need to learn and pay heed to.
I'm mentioning two of the most thoroughly written posts about the changes and challenges brought by Hard Fork 19 and Steemit growth.
Both of these posts are must read for everyone. A big shoutout for both of these Steemians as well for being generous and supportive. If you haven't already, you must follow them.
These posts highlight and explain two of the most important facts of Steemit.
- Reward system is fair and having a stake in the Steem blockchain is necessary.
- Quality of interaction and voting behavior matters. Self voting is a curse and so is a spam comment.
Understanding Steemit is necessary and there's no better way to do that than reading from the people who understand Steemit and interact with them.
Since the rewards are low (due to multiple factors, including price of Steem), your best strategy would be to invest your time in quality interactions. Having a genuine community and following around you will help you in the longer run.
If you want more stake in the blockchain, you need to buy Steem and power (click the link to know how to buy it). Having more SP, as a result of powering up, will give you more influence on the platform.
So, it's time to greet someone new and say your first hi.
Some practical tips for quality interaction are:-
- Always comment on the posts that you read.
- While commenting, keep the topic of that post in mind and write a relevant comment.
- Do not copy paste comments. Spam comments will never help you (or anyone).
- Always reply to everyone who comments on your posts (I do that).
- Do not ask for following you. People will automatically follow you if you add value and contribute.
- Add value and contribute whether you are writing posts or comments.
- Visit your feed often and comment , upvote, resteem the best content out there.
- Do not resteem everything. Keep in mind that your followers will unfollow you if you keep spamming their feed.
- Upvote great comments to acknowledge the efforts of your fellow Steemians.
I hope this post helps you make better use of your Steemit time. If this post is beneficial, please do upvote and resteem it.