Why we need our own steemit events?
It's very hard for a talented artist to get support if he/she doesn't have huge numbers of followers or doesn't have useful connections in the industry, especially in a third world country.
The lack of support for their arts is a huge problem but if they promote alone they'll only be welcomed by the noisy world of advertising created by huge names/companies with big pockets to support their promotion.
Real world Contests
Contests are the best way to promote anything, here in our platform it proved to be the best way for minnows to get rewarded but in return the person who's hosting the contest get followers and upvotes which is a win-win situation. Why not make a contest in the real world?
- We can host an open-mic event for singers and spoken word artists.
- Painters exhibition contest
- Steemit Beauty Pageants
- and more.. our only limit is our creativity (steemians can also comment for the type of contests they wanna support)
- Steemit supports those who are talented.
- Massive attention on the platform (TV News coverage, Newspaper, Social Media etc.)
- Talented individuals joining steemit (In order to participate they need to signup to the platform if they're not yet a member)
- Micro-influencers like well known artists will probably promote steemit to their followers.
- businesses loves to sponsor events with huge number of audience, this will probably make them interested in our platform and there's a high chance they might invest.
- Steemit footprint in the real world.
To provide the best contests and events for talented steemians to showcase their talents while promoting steemit through entertaining events.
To create multiple events that showcase different talented steemians each month starting in our city Pampanga and in the future the whole country Philippines.
March 2018 (Open-mic event for Singers/Bands)
In our country as a whole, people love music and they love to sing. There are so many talented singers in our city as well as bands that every year countless battle of the bands or singing competitions are organized which are sponsored by malls and businesses because the huge crowds that's usually associated with them.
Costs in Php (Philippine peso) & USD (US dollar)
- Personnel: Host & helpers (3) x 500php total = 1,500php or $30
- Equipments: Lights & Sound = 5,000php or $100
- Prices: will be divided into three winners (5,000php, 3,000php, 2,000php) = ($100, $60, $40)
- Other expenses like food and marketing materials will be shouldered by this posts' payout
Total in USD = $330 or 76 STEEM* if STEEM is equal to ($4.34 at the time of this post)
One event is equal to hundreds of audience, possible business investors, news and TV coverage and talented individuals signing up on the platform.
With or without help I'd continue promoting steemit as it changed my life, it gave me freedom and I want to share this gift to other individuals especially those who deserves to be supported but with your help we can reach more people and together we can create a huge difference in their lives. Thank you for creating #promo-steem @starkerz @anarcotech @stephenkendall
My previous promotion and event (2 tv coverage and 20 signup out of 70 people who attended)