The 10th contest was about creating a sentence with either of these two words, ‘Hullaballoo and/or Ragamuffin.’ There were some good entries and it was quite fun to read through them and select 6 winners.
We’re also back with a new contest this week but let me first announce the winners. Due to the holiday season I am a little behind schedule hence this contest will run for a shorter than usual duration.
Congrats to these Steemians who won Contest #10:
- @kweendivine - So last night I wanted to make some turkey burgers but didn't have an egg. I rode around to 3 grocery stores, which were closed because it was Christmas. My last resort was a Chinese carryout. Boy oh boy when I went in, there was such hullaballoo from these 3 ragamuffins, that I couldn't wait to pay my $1.75 for one egg just to get out of there!
- @vdux - A man named Hullaballoo sold amazing concoctions out of inflated rubber. He called them Hullaballoons. He soon had a big following among the toddlers and their parents. A man named Raga saw the steady stream of business and decided to open a bakery next to Hullabaloo’s stand. Raga sold small, domed breads and called them Ragamuffins. Authorities shut down both businesses because they didn't have the right permits. It just shows no matter what Hullabaloo you make, it's not that easy to go from Raga to riches.
- @miss_safyre (Please ping me your Steemit.com username) - The tale of the ragga king. He was but a scruffily clad urchin. But he was the king on the streets of Steemit. Wherever he went, pandemonium dogged his every step. The hullabaloo of his presence made even the strongest man weak kneed. None knew where he lived or where he came from. He could guzzle it like the best of them and burn it like the rest of them. He was a man child of his own principles. A stitch between terror and pure unadulterated hoo-ha. His name.... RAGAMUFFIN.
- @kingyus - Me name Raggamuffin Bamby
super cat candy
me polish me shoes
with my handy dandy bandy
walk like a million
dollars even trillion
Bamby no deer Bamby is a Lion
chin always up never looking down
I leave that to my shoes and the crowd downtown
when I walk around
They make a big hullaballoo
They say I dress like a clown
They don't know anyhow
Am a king with no crown
You better listen now!
Bamby is a star
Bamby is by far
out of sight
you know me ...
Ragga-Push away all hater-ragga-now-ragga-later-Push away all hater
Ragga-can do you now or you can do-me later
Do you under-stand or do you over-stand?
Raggamuffin Bamby-King of all this Land
- @g10a - After the HULLABALOO happened all over the bar my pretty freak’n awesome tuxedo outfit turns into a dusty nasty rugged clothe unnoticed. I went out from the bar walking down the aisle of the street and all eyes are on me, I’m wondering why!. I felt like I am a Hollywood Super Star that even a taxi cub stops just to look at me oh yeah.. I’m waiting for the words will come out from their mouth “can I have a selfie with you and a sign on my shirt?” and was thinking to response “Oh yeah why not I’m g10a from #steemitachievers team in #steemit”
As I passed by a mirrored glass wall, I looked at myself and I was shocked!! I was like a RAGAMUFFIN walking dead wearing a suit devastated caused by the WORLD WAR TWO(WWII). I felt ashamed manh, shame on me. I will never ever go to bar with my barrowed expensive tuxedo. Up to this date still paying the owner for damaging that diamond priced tuxedo.
- @pearlumie When talking to the Chairperson, I said "After the fight at the last political meeting, the possibility of a hullabaloo at today's meeting is as high as the sky" but before I could finished my sentence I saw ragamuffins trooping in, I smell danger.
Let's get on with the 11th contest and it’s quite simple. I'm sure many of you will participate in this. We’ll run this in the official contest channel on Steemit.Chat
Create a Sentence From These Two Words!
- 1 Entry per person.
- Whippersnapper and Gibberish
- Write a sentence or a paragraph using both of these aforementioned words or around it.
- Post a single comment in steemitchat-contest channel with your entry.
- You have until the next Monday till this post pays out or my announcement in the channel closing the contest (whichever is earlier).
- There will be 6 winners (for using a creative combination of both) who will get an equal split of the SBDs from this post.
- Multiple entries will lead to disqualification so kindly post a single comment in the chatroom!
- Contest will take place in steemitchat-contest channel on Steemit.Chat.
You are also welcome to drop more Steemit.Chat contest ideas in this post or in the contest channel and you may get some SBDs if your idea gets selected for a future contest.
Let contest #11 begin!
If you like my work kindly resteem it to your friends. You may also continue reading my recent posts which might interest you:
- Steemit Mentioned In: How to File Tax Returns in India for Your Bitcoin Profits—My Latest Feature In TheQuint!
- 4 Tips For Steemit Account Recovery & Wallet Security!
- Let's Talk—3 Things That Brings Me To Steemit Everyday! What About You?