Ever since the time I held my last couple of conferences around Steemit and it’s blockchain technology in India, there has been a need for a few regular meetups. I was of the opinion that the market here needed to grow a little bit before we could proceed with more.
2018 is here and the user base from India has been steadily growing. I was in Jaipur on some work and felt it would be the right place to flag off a series of Steem meetups in India.
My idea is to bring together Steemit users in different cities pan-India. Give a little push to the social networking side of the platform and get some discussions going in other social media channels about Steem blockchain, cryptocurrency and the applications built on top of it.
These days blockchain meetups are springing all over the country-mostly around BTC and few alt-coins. I felt the time is ripe to get discussions around blockchains worthy of these meetups aka Steem!
This time however, I wanted to hold an informal meetup where people could meet and greet each other casually. There wouldn’t be any need for a presentation or projectors. People often get bored too easily with that. I wanted it to be light and fun but knowledgeable all the same.
I’m happy to say that my expectations were met and beyond. I had another established user from India @sauravrungta join us at the event and he was able to assist me in answering several questions about the platform to some of the new users in the group.
At SteemFest we put personalities to usernames and the same was achieved in this meetup. I got to learn more about these individuals with whom I’ve interacted over Steemit.Chat, some whose work i’ve support and others who I’ve mentored in the past year.
I also had YouTuber and host of a few Viral Video channels @shenoy fly down to the event to capture it on video. We are producing a series of fun videos around these meetups and I hope to share the first one with you soon!
Some of the things we discussed in the meetup are:
- Basics of Steemit, Steem blockchain and various apps on top of it.
- Why prices fluctuate and how BTC relates to the change in price.
- What blockchain technology means and why we are early adoptors to this technology.
- How Steemit is helping shape social media slowly but steadily.
- Various ways of utilizing the platform.
- How to build a following, increase engagement with posts amongs other things.
- Some issues related to the platform were also discussed.
- How to trade Steem for BTC and BTC for INR was done.
- I also informed users on managing their tax burden in this meetup.
- Benefits of hodling Steem as SP and active curation on the platform.
Let us grow the community from India and educate people on participating on the best blockchain out there currently and one that rewards users for sharing content and participating on it.
I want to thank all of you who made it to the meetup in Jaipur. I've had the pleasure of interacting with some of you in the past year and I'm so glad we could finally meet! It was just wonderful!
@aishwarya @shenoy @indiantraveller @cityboy @mehakmittal13 @prakashghai @komal @mariashabbir @kajolag @ruwatiatanu @rovingman @homemakershivi @jayantgarg @vinayakgupta @classyjewel. We also had Latika and Gopika who are new to the platform and came to the meetup to learn about it.
Please follow their blogs and encourage them to Steem on!
This is the first meetup for 2018 that I've organized and I have two more lined up in this month before I take a short break to travel. Stay tuned for details on the next Steem meetup location and time. Based on the response to the first three events I hope to plan more pan-India. The video from this meetup will be up next week so be sure to watch it when I post it here.
If you like my work kindly resteem it to your friends. You may also continue reading my recent posts which might interest you:
- Steemit.Chat Contest #13 + Contest #12 Winners Announcement!
- 4 Tips For Steemit Account Recovery & Wallet Security!
- Let's Talk—Why Are You Not Buying and Powering Up Steem?