One week ago, I created a Steemit account for a local animal shelter charity in the hopes of helping them tell their stories and raise some (much needed) funds for their operations.
I reached the point where I confirmed my email through a link and received the notification that I would be contacted as soon as I'm next up on the list.
Understanding the economics of this, I get it. As far as I know, the current model is limited on the number of new accounts that can be created based on the amount of Steem created in a day. Considering this challenge, I would like to suggest a
Generate Steemit Account Invite function within the wallet.
- Steemit User identifies party interested in starting a Steemit account
- Steemit User opens
Walletand clicks on
Generate Steemit Account Invite
- Steemit User selects on a slider bar the percentage of voting power and/or Steem Power to allocate to a
unique invite code
- Steemit User would have the selected amount of voting power and/or Steem Power reduced (exactly the same way votes behave on this power) upon finalizing
New Account Invite
- Steemit User inputs New Account User registered email address
- If inputted email address IS registered, using the Steemit Users keys, a hashed account finalization link is sent to the email address
- New account user clicks on link and starts out with x% of the
Vote Powerapplied to their new account Steem Power
If the new prospective user HAS NOT registered an email, a link will be sent to them initiating the current/traditional account creation process, ending with the automatic account creation based on
Step 6 above.
What this Solves
- Potential users that aren't able to create new accounts in a short amount of time may be discouraged
- Current users knowing this hurdle may be less inclined to recommend new users to join (particularly the impatient and/or technically impaired that we all know)
- Allows for a
referral metricthat COULD allow for internal awards in a compensation sense, or at least notariety (e.g.
Steemit Referral Leaderboards)
- Enhanced 'evangelical outreach' program to get more people to try the platform
- Opportunity to codify and automate 'Celebrity New Account Bounty Programs' (more on this in the future)
- Economic analysis of the pros/cons and strengths/weaknesses/dangers
- Community support for the idea
- The unknown-unknowns