For this weeks SIC I decided to share with you one of my favourite summer sandwiches, apart from being insanely delicious I find that they boost my energy when eaten mid afternoon when my energy levels tend to crash. The main ingredients are grown locally and are in season right now, what I call, high quality ingredients. Hoping that you all enjoy the recipe.
- Salad Turnips and their greens
- Celery leaves
- Apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper
- Thinly chop turnip greens, parsley and celery leaves.
- Grate beetroot and turnips.
- Mix all in a bowl and season it with apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
Peanut Butter Sauce
- Peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- Hot sauce
- Dash of water
- Mix all the ingredients.
Zucchini And Summer Squash Slices
- Summer squash
- In an iron cast pan, lightly crisp Zucchini and summer squash slices in lime.
In The Making
In between the slices add peanut sauce and the raw salad, top it up with a dash of tamari, roast sesame oil and cayenne pepper.
Ready to be served
Thank you all for taking your time to read.
Blessings, love and light!