Many here will be going to Steemfest in Amsterdam in a little over a month. For some it may the first time in Amsterdam, and they may wonder how to best connect with the locals. Thus I have helpfully compiled a list of opening lines that will go down well with the locals, guaranteed, and won't make you look like a complete tourist.
- Where is the best coffeeshop?
- Amazing that everyone can live on government handouts here!
- It must be great to be high all year!
- I guess you never go skiing, as there are no mountains?
- What do tulip bulbs taste like?
- Aren't you scared of floods?
- If it weren't for us you'd be talking German (US visitors only).
- Sprechen sie English?
- Why do you call yourself Dutch?
- So when you're old and sick, they can kill you?
- The boy who put his finger in the dike, did it really happen?
- Where can I see the tulips?
You have one more month to learn and practice.
Picture: source (cc)