Welcome to Day 3 of the Steem Decathlon season #2!
Contest: Baby Needs a new pair of Shoes
We lost 2 great american heros this past week,
The Queen of Soul and Civil rights Activist Aretha Franklin &
The distinctquished States man/ Sentor and War Hero John McCain.
To celebrate their lives I will be having a trivia contest for each one this week.
This is Aretha's!
So let's get started!
- Every participant must complete all the tasks in this list for their entry to be valid.
- If you violate any of the instructions in this list your entry will not be valid.
- You can only have 1 entry.
- If you won a prize in the last time you played in the Steem Decathlon you are required to power up AT LEAST 40% of the rewarded Steem. Please note you just are not required to keep re powering it up. You are doing this to build the community and build the Prize Pools. Considering all winners will be doing the same the Prize Pools will increase dramatically over time.
- Upvote and resteem this post, and follow me before you put your entry in, so we can get your friends invited, build the reward pool, and so you know when the next event winners are announced.
- You must make your entry prior Friday at 9am.
- DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS TO THE TRIVIA HERE (automatic disqualification)
- Setup a Blog Post with the following Title:
S02SteemDecathlon S02D04E02 Baby Needs a new Shoes! - 'Celabrate the Joy she brought us' Aretha RIP. - Entry"
- And set the first tag #steemdecathlon
In the post you will make a list numbers for the Trivia Questions (labeled q1 to q29)…..
lets get started.
q1. Which popular Aretha Franklin song do these lyrics come from? "When my soul was in the lost-and-found, you came along to claim it. I didn't know just what was wrong with me, 'til your kiss helped me name it".
A.(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman
B.Baby I Love You
C.I Say A Little Prayer
q2. Aretha won her first Grammies, "Best Rhythm and Blues Recording" and "Best Female R&B Vocal Performance" in 1968 with which of the following songs?
q3. Who wrote the song "I Say A Little Prayer"?
A.Burt Bacharach and Hal David
B.Ellie Greenwich and Jeff Barry
C.Carole King and Gerry Goffin
D.Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller
q4. These lyrics "Let's go back let's go back let's go way on back when, I didn't even know you. You couldn't o' been too much more than 10" come from Aretha's seventh top ten hit on the charts in 1968. Can you name the song?
A.Chain of Fools
C.Baby I Love You
D.The House That Jack Built
q5. Where was Aretha Franklin born?
q6. Which of the following songs was the first single release for Atlantic Records by Aretha?
B.Do Right Woman, Do Right Man
C.I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)
D.Since You've Been Gone (Sweet Sweet Baby)
q7. Aretha gained her very first 'platinum-certified' album with which of the following titles?
A."Who's Zoomin' Who?" released 1985
B."Lady Soul" released 1968
C."Aretha Arrives" released 1967
D."The Collection" released 1987
q8. Aretha has recorded some duets with other well known artists in her time. Out of the selection of artists below, can you choose the correct order, dating from the earliest to latest year release?
A.Elton John, Annie Lennox, Frank Sinatra and George Michael
B.Annie Lenox, George Michael, Elton John and Frank Sinatra
C.Frank Sinatra, George Michael, Elton John and Annie Lennox
D.Frank Sinatra, Elton John, Annie Lennox and George Michael
q9. What honour was bestowed upon Aretha in 1987?
A.Crowned Queen of Soul
B.First woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
C.Awarded the 'National Medal of Arts'
D.Awarded the 'Presidential Medal of Freedom'
q10. In 2004, Rolling Stone magazine ranked Aretha in their '100 Greatest Artists of All Time'. Do you know what rank number they gave her?
q11. Aretha Franklin's "I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You" was #1 on what charts?
A. R&B Albums
B. Soul Albums
C. Black Albums
D. Pop Albums
q12. What Aretha Franklin album did VH1 name the 76th greatest album of all time?
A. Lady Soul
B. Get It Right
C. Young, Gifted And Black
D. Aretha Arrives
q13. What album was Aretha Franklin's second chart-topper?
A. This Girl's In Love With You
B. Aretha Arrives
C. Lady Soul
D. Aretha Now
q14. What Aretha Franklin song was written and produced by Lauryn Hill?
A. Here We Go Again
B. The Woman
C. A Rose Is Still A Rose
D. Every Little Bit Hurts
q15. What song did Aretha Franklin record on Valentine's Day in 1967?
A. Chain Of Fools
B. Baby, I Love You
C. I Never Loved A Man
q16. What Aretha Franklin song appeared in "My Best Friend's Wedding" in 1997?
A. Baby I Love You
B. I Say A Little Prayer (For You)
C. I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
q17. What Aretha Franklin album was written and produced by Curtis Mayfield in 1976?
B. Jump To It
C. Almighty Fire
q18. On what record label did Aretha Franklin release her album "A Rose Is Still a Rose"?
D. Death Row
q19. Who produced Aretha Franklin's "Lady Soul" album?
A. Jerry Wexler
B. Berry Gordy
C. Sean Combs
D. Quincy Jones
q20. What Aretha Franklin album was released on June 14, 1968?
A. Aretha In Paris
B. Aretha Now
C. Lady Soul
D. Aretha Arrives
q21. Which of the following was a hit single by Aretha Franklin in 1971?
A. Never Lie
B. She Bop
C. I Don't Wanna Cry
D. Spanish Harlem
q22. Which of the following was a hit single by Aretha Franklin in 1972?
A. I Go Crazy
B. Snap Your Fingers
C. What Kind Of Man Would I Be?
D. Day Dreaming
q23. What year did Aretha Franklin have the hit single "Baby I Love You" on Atlantic?
q24. What year did Aretha Franklin have the hit single "Freeway Of Love" on Arista?
q25. Which is the title of an Aretha Franklin record?
A. Live At Fillmore West
B. Everything Is Everything
C. Call Me
q26. Which of these is not a song recorded by soul singer Aretha Franklin?
A. Don't Cry, Baby
B. Spanish Harlem
C. Until You Come Back To Me
D. Bridge Over Troubled Water
q27. What are the names of Aretha Franklin's first two sons?
A. Clarence Jr. And Edward
B. Chris Jr. And Edward
C. Carl Jr. And Edwin
D. Calvin Jr. And Eddie
q28. What's the name of the unsuccessful album Aretha Franklin recorded with Quincy Jones?
A. Lady Soul
B. Young, Gifted And Black
C. Aretha Now
D. Hey Now Hey
q29. What school presented Aretha Franklin with an honorary Doctor of Music degree?
A. Indiana School Of Music
B. Berklee College Of Music
C. Cleveland Institute Of Music
This quiz is an amalgamation of questions With edits of 4 quizes found on the internet in the public domain, and questions created from wikipedia information.
10) Make sure to only place you answers on your blog post. After you make your blog post, reply to this post with a link to your post Every correct answer gets a point. Each entry will equate to a participation point, Contest Points to the winners and honorable mentions, so answer the questions to appear on the leader boards.
11) I will announce the winners a few days after it is over in a post with the words [RESULT] infront of the title. The reward pool distribution will come out shortly after 7 days when the upvote rewards on this post are sent to me.
12) One new rule anyone getting less than 50% right in the Answers will get participation points and contest points for the overall leaderboard, but can not win a reward for that event. Monies will be used to promote future events.
13) The top 3 places will split the reward pool for this event 50, 30 , 20 (you can only win one reward per event).
14. I will announce the winners a few days after it is over in a post with the words [RESULT] infront of the title. The reward pool distribution will come out shortly after 7 days when the upvote rewards on this post are sent to me.
15. The entries will be excepted only till 4 days from today at 10:30 am e.s.t on 9/6/2016.I declare the SteemIt Decathlon Event 4 open.
Other events start every day or two.
Don't miss out....
The prize pools are already been over $50 this season!
The entry Period will end only 4 days from today at 1:30 am e.s.t on 9/2/2016.
Want ALT COIN SITUATIONS TO EXPLOIT?
In addition to Airdrops I blog about, I publish information on faucets
signup pages: http://vnsinc.com/LNG/launchreferrals.html
Quick launch list: http://vnsinc.com/LNG/pagestorun.html
Want to help out contact me on the discord channel
#news #Aretha #Music #picks #picks