Linkback-bot-v0 was generally met with approval by Steem community and at the time of posting received 134 upvotes and 5 flags.
- Linkback bot now has an intuitive control interface: flagging it will stop the bot from coming to your posts and upvotes will encourage it. Thanks @anduweb for suggesting this elegant solution.
- Linkback bot will now publish weekly linking reports. The report for Week 1 of September is already available.
- Some authors generating a lot of outgoing links were excluded to increase signal/noise ratio.
Why build a linkback bot for Steem?
- To increase follower counts of related authors by providing additional discovery mechanism
- To increase payouts for authors of high quality collections and authors whose posts are included in collections
- To increase of number of posts linking out by providing incentives to do so
- To increase number of views per visit and time spent interacting with Steem
- To increase steemit.com traffic from search engines
- For fun and profit
At this moment linkback bot is still in alpha and runs with limited capacity.
Linkback bot is under development.
- Post language detection and bot i18n
- Author analytics
- Personal analytics
- Tag analytics
- Mention and linkbacks notifications by twitter, etc
- Possible link weighting by rewards
- Spam prevention features