So, I have yet again been hard at work on Harpoon Search and have introduced the following features/fixes
- Tag search : you can now search for posts by tag. If you enter multiple tags separated by a space then the search will look for ANY of those tags (not all of them). I'm going to improve the data entry here at some point.
- The text that shows the delay on SteemSQL is now colour coded - green for under 5 minutes, under 15 minutes is amber and over 15 minutes, the text will appear red.
- I had to find a really annoying buy whereby sometimes the search would not return during my post-processing of word-count. Seems there was an infinite loop problem in one of the libraries i was using to strip the markdown from the post to make the word count more accurate. I've had to remove this library, so now the wordcount will be ever so slightly off. I'm actively looking for a fix for this.
- Found a small bug with language search and some other searches where the json metatdata was unparseable for a very small number of posts and the server didnt return any results. I think i've fixed that although it was hard to track down. Its annoying that a certain app is not putting valid json in that metadata field.
There will hopefully be some really exciting news coming soon regarding Harpoon Search as a whole, as well as some of the following ideas.
- Search to exclude posts that have comment/upvotes/resteems from certain users (ie, cheetah)
- Exclude flagged posts
- Searchable on the amount of images in the post
- Free text search
- Search based on rewards in last x days.
- Interaction without having to go to the steemit site.
-Infinite scroll (as i'm only returning 50 results right now to protect the SteemSQL database)
- Integration into my other project - Steemboard for an automatically updating feed of your search parameters
And more... (thanks to @carlgnash for some of these ideas)
Thanks for looking and thanks for trying it out and feeding back!