Steem Torch is an experiment to demonstrate the speed and trust in transferring value on Steem social network.
Steem Torch Keeper is a user who received a Steem transfer with "Steem Torch Experiment..." memo and is about to pass it to the next user.
If you are a Steem Torch Keeper please read the following rules to pass the Steem Torch to the next user.
- Add 1 Steem or lower amount or nothing at all to the amount received in Steem Torch transfer.
- Do not decrease the amount received.
- Use the original memo
Steem Torch Experiment! Count: 1. Please read the Steem Torch Rules at https://steemit.com/steem/@geekgirl/steem-torch before passing it to the next user.and change the count number by adding 1. For example, if the received memo is
Count: 20, your sending memo will be
- Choose a Steemian who you would like to pass the Steem Torch to. Preferably someone you trust will follow the Steem Torch rules, is active, and you believe will pass the Steem Torch to the next user.
- Not required, but recommended to inform the next Torch Keeper of the transfer and follow up after the transfer.
- Send the Steem Torch with the new amount and memo to the next Torch Keeper as soon as possible.
- Try not to send it back to the previous Torch Keeper or someone you know already was a Torch Keeper.
- When Count reaches 337 the experiment ends with success. The 337th Torch Keeper can donate the total amount to Steem based charities, Steem projects, distribute to minnows, burn it by sending to @null, or ask the community what to do with it.
- The 337th Torch Keeper must not keep the funds or use it for personal projects.
- Create a companion article on steemit.com (or your Steem UI of choice) when you pass the Torch. Bonus idea: take this opportunity to explain why you're participating and why you're sending it to the recipient.
- Use some kind of thumbnail image with a torch in it so that everyone knows it's part of the Steem Torch experiment. Feel free to use the thumbnail image below, or make a better one!
- Share the article on Twitter with the tags #steemtorch #steem @steemnetwork
You can read the original post explaining the Steem Torch Experiment here.