Hero & MVP???
Thank you everyone...
Feeling The Love
Yesterday, I made a post finishing up a 7 day positivity challenge. In that post, in one phrase, I summed up the entire 7 day series and how I saw it. @calumam was quick to catch it, I said, "you have to give love to get it". This reigns true in any circumstance. I fully believe that paying it forward is an edict to live by. Do unto others, build the good Karma, however you want to look at it, it is a universal truth. You get what you give because the universe practices the law of equivalent exchange.
Getting Some Back
In the Steemit waters, you have to do the same thing. I'd like to think that by fostering friendships and 'networking' here, that I've shown some love. This week was beautiful because people are showering me with love right back. It's not the first time, but it was so much at once I feel I have to give it back to them and show my appreciation for them highlighting me.
It started with her this week, in this post about how to 'Help Steem'. Then to honor me on a whole new level, a few days later, she actually called me her 'Hero'! If you read this post, you can see how she holds me in high regard. I'm a fan of @enchantedspirit too. Her and her husband, @catweasel, (both heavy curators for @thesteemengine) are an amazing dynamic duo - even if they won't admit it. Seriously though, of over a million Steemit accounts, and I'm somehow in your top 3? That was very humbling to read sweets, thank you, I see you.
In the same challenge @apolymask started that Eagle accepted and announced her heroes, @c0ff33a went and made a comment that caught me by surprise. Again, I was humbled being in someone else I admire's top three. He also 'witnessed' his first block this week! Much love and man hugs brosef, moobs and all!
My Booty Captain. Seriously? MVP? Still just in awe of this post. @emjoe made me a #mancrushmonday, @christheaudioguy gave me major props, even @robertallen showed me some love in a post but MVP? Good ol' Cap't Dreem Steem has a #witness contest running that is coaxing people to announce their MVP for #witnesses. The prize is getting up there too! I am hers. Still don't know how to react to this one. Started with blushing and a few ahem ... dust was in my eyes. Ya. Dust. Mad love sweets, you honor me.
And then, and then, and THEN! All the people showing up in the comments of those posts. Y'all just don't know. I've thought of throwing in the towel a few times, frustrated with the slow progress I was making but still seeing that I was making a little bit of a difference for a few. Back to you and your support making me feel all special and shit. You know, it's catching on, right? The thing I was talking about in the beginning of this post? I don't know how many people are carrying the 'vote for Engine' gifs but it's not just family anymore. This is a hard post to write. Just, touched. Thank you, everyone. Shouts to all the people that commented on the posts up there:
@eaglespirit Engagers -
- @underground - Thanks man, I'd drop a post here, but you haven't made one recently. You're a major asset to all the communities you engage with and run.
- @saffisara - You know I love you, check out her Color Challenge Wrap Up. Filled with fantastic pictures from her week.
- @fat-elvis - Stacker from another cracker? LOL! Head Out on the Road with him :) You won't regret it!
- @tattoodjay - One of 'the originals', still going strong, you Gotta See These Mondo Ponds. Jay is totally loving his new camera :D
- @carrieallen - Having fun 'acting' with you btw, The Art of Friends is worth your time peoples. And one of these Friday's, the rest of you have to come and 'play' with us :P
- @saffisara - You again? But that's why I love you, always giving back. Just like in her Thankurday post!
- @andysantics - I am getting more familiar with this regular on @shadowspub's PYPT and she recently submitted an application to join the fam. What do you all think?
- @katrina-ariel - My lovely Princess, I'm more badass than @drakos though right? LOL! You all MUST read her Steem Wars addition, but bring a change of underwear ladies ;)
- @snook - Love you sis! She made one of the gifs that are floating around hey, very talented this one. She just wrote a heartfelt 'Story' on Depression that is a wonderful read.
- @ydraz - Least familiar with you, but you say you are hearing great things about me and I'm rather intrigued by your passive series Things We Don't Talk About (but should). You have a new follower so I can try and keep up with that one and feel free to tag me in the next one as a 'subscriber'.
Again, Thank You
This post is meant to honor those that have honored me this week and I know there are several others doing multiple things to honor me as well. Like @mariannewest and the @freewritehouse. They always give me props. @ladytsfrancine, who was a contestant in one of @killerwhale's contest, carries a gif. @buzzbeergeek for shouting out @killerwhale's #cryptoguesscontest all the time. @poetsunited, for giving me credit in helping them. ALL the people that have approved my witness, use #thealliance tag and just give back to me what I've been giving. Love you. STeeM oN my peoples, thanks for being YOU!
@snook made this badass gif