THE ROLE OF ROBOTICS AT THE FUTURE OF MODERN FARMING
Developed agriculture needs to find new ways to improve efficiency . One approach is to utilize available information technologies in the form of more intelligent machine to reduce and target energy inputs in more effective way than in the past . The advent of autonomous system architecture gives us the opportunity to develop a complete new range of agricultural equipments based on small smart machines that can do the right things , in right place ,at the right time in the right way .
The future of agriculture lies with the increased mechanization and robotics . It has allowed greater efficiency and cost saving across the sector . Farmers from around the world are seriously making robots part of their business plan and daily operation .
Robotics in agriculture are becoming an increasing part of this equation in the technologically advance part of the globe . By the year 2050 , the human population will be increase to 10 billion , which means we need double the food we now produce . Efficiency in the production of food will need to increase by at least 25% in order to keep up with future demands . Innovation in our modern agriculture includes ;
- Autonomous picker :- This machine grabs strawberry as well other fruits twice as fast as human.
- Robotic weed or pest killer :- It can percisely remove weeds or shot them with the targeted spray of pesticides using 90% less chemical . For an organic farmers , they could remove the weeds with the laser . Between 20-40% global crops are destroyed by pests and diseases so , this robotic weed killer could cause huge beneficial impact on agriculture .
- Tiny sensor and camera :- It can monitor crop growth and farmer will observe it in the smart phone if there is any problems and when is the best time to harvest .
- Robotic soil sampler :- It can take the soil sample liquified it the analyzed its pH and phosphorous level all in real time .
- Drone assisted crop monitoring device :- Different companies use software that analyses drone captured infrared images ,dispart an healthy vegetation and affected area is identified through smart Phone . Machine learning system helps to differentiate varieties of crops
- Vertical farming :- It uses hydroponic system to grow green leafy vegetables . Optimal growing wavelength and light for photosynthesis is provided artificially and plants are grown I vertically stacked layers , vertically inclined surfaces or in the other structures like skyscraper , warehouse or shipping container . This method I verses production efficiency by 4 -6 times depending on the crops .
Autonomous or robotic farming system planned to grow crops in hector of land without human . So , this robotic system will surely have great role in future of modern farming .