This simple rice dish is a flavor booster for any spicy meal and pretty much a mandatory
addition to any latin meals in our house. I like to add it to fajitas, huevos rancheros, or even just
simply served with some roasted vegetables. However you eat it, you’ll be sure to love this
Spanish rice recipe!
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 ½ cups brown rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chile powder
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a medium saucepan heat olive oil and rice on medium heat. Stir to coat rice with oil, cook
until rice becomes golden brown.
- Add vegetable broth and to rice and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add garlic salt, cumin, pepper, chile powder, and tomato sauce. Stir thoroughly and simmer
on low for 30 to 40 minutes, until no liquid remains in rice.
- Serve warm with your favorite dish.