I love cooking and eating, so naturally when I came across the Tasty Tuesday Competition by @qurator I had to join in on the fun!!!
I give you my new recipe for lemon & herb gammon tagliatelle
- Half a cup of Gammon
- 1 Lemon (we will be using the juice of one halve and some peel)
- 1 garlic clove Garlic/teaspoon of shop garlic
- 1 Handful of Fresh Parsley
- 1 Heaped table spoon of fresh Origanum
- A quarter of an Onion (equal amount to gammon)
- Salt & Pepper
- 100 ml Cream/Milk
- 100 ml Water (For sauce, the water for the pasta depends on your size pot
- 1 Ball of Tagliatelle pasta (Want to make it fresh? Check out my recipe for homemade Tagliatelle pasta here.
- Half a teaspoon of Corn Flour
Next, throw the onion, garlic, parsley and origanum into the frying pan and mix.
Leave it on a low heat to brown and shake/stir every now and then.
Then mix it up like a rub and leave to rest.
Put the pasta in the water and let it start cooking.
Mix it around and then add lemon juice. It should be very zesty. When we add the sauce it will dull the flavours a bit bringing everything into balance.
- Side note, I take the pan of the heat due to the small size of the gammon so with the remaining heat and acid from the lemon juice it cooks through even though it's of the heat, otherwise the meat tends to dry out and become tough.
- Side note, pasta water contains starch that helps thicken up your sauce.
Add the milk or water and let it start cooking on a high heat.
Mix thoroughly and then add tp the frying pan.
Turn the heat off of the frying pan and stir, the sauce should have thickened up a bit, we don't want it to be too thick as we want a light and refreshing meal.