Dearest flock, and the rest,
Attention spans being what they are on Steemit, we decided to repost our insufficiently famous eleven guidelines again.
The persistently hot weather also has something to do with this; it is far too warm to think up new things, and even a short bout of Trend Watching is too tiring on the eyebrows in these conditions. The Church of Piglet doesn't have airconditioning, you see, so all donations are welcome and will be put to good use.
Anyway, here are our eleven guidelines again, for those who haven't seen them yet, for those who upvoted without reading them, and perhaps even for those who know about them, but think it is best to ignore them for personal financial reasons. The code allows all sorts of behaviour, after all.
The Eleven Guidelines
You may wonder what you can do to make this a better place and offer some counterbalance to the skulduggery going on, preferably without getting retaliatory flags and dying a noble Steemit death.
To help you think about this, or rather think for you, as you want us to do, the Church of Piglet is kindly providing you with these eleven guidelines:
- Focus on and vote for those you like and/or who provide content that interests you;
- Don't follow the rich just because they have big wallets;
- Unfollow all vote buyers;
- Check for ghost followers who can't be arsed to curate and unfollow them;
- Mute those on the trending page you feel are being grossly overpaid or otherwise annoying;
- Mute schemers, reward pool rapists, vote-for-voters, circle jerkers, in-crowd free-wheelers, and the like;
- Mute sycophants shamelessly sucking up to the big wallets in the comments;
- Flag comment spammers;
- Support whales who still care, and vote for witnesses who still care;
- Provide the best content you can;
- Read like you want to be read, and curate like you want to be curated.
If you follow these guidelines, you are at least doing your bit to make this a better place, and hence you can call yourself a righteous member of The Tribe of Good Intent, the layman's organisation associated with the Church of Piglet.
Resteem this for a free blessing, and go in peace!
And remember: it is all up to you, nobody else will make things better (except me, of course, your guiding light).
The High Priest of the Church of Piglet, Holder of Truth, and Keeper of the Ivy Staff.
Image by Katharsisdrill
PS. Furthermore, we consider that delegations must be destroyed, ie. forked out again, not because they are inherently non-righteous, but because they are having a negative net effect on Steemit. Feel free to discuss this among yourselves.
The same thing in Latin, because it appears to turn some people on: