Hello Steem photography enthusiasts.
The wait is finally over (even though you didn't know what you were waiting for). Introducing the @photomag daily competition (cue fireworks and celebrations)
This is a competition like none other before it. Ok, that's not true, it's just like a lot of other competitions on Steem in many ways, but it's better (in my not so humble opinion).
The basics behind this are the usual daily theme, but I want to see more than just single image posts. I mean, good single images will be rewarded, but i'm going to be offering only 3 upvotes a day on the best of the best, so you are going to need to up your game. Fight it out amongst yourselves. Produce the best content you can. I'm talking about describing how you went about taking the photo for example, tell me how you fought off bears in Yosemite just to get that wonderful image.
I would also love to see some great tutorials, photography blogs, item reviews etc. Basically anything photography based will be considered.
"But what do I actually get from this", you may ask. Apart from the warm and fuzzy feeling inside from adding great content to the blockchain, you get the following (if you win)
- An full upvote from the @photomag trail. This pulls in a curie 5% vote so you are looking at around $4 (damn this crypto bear market)
- A re-steem on the @photomag account with literally dozens of active followers.
- A feature in the daily winners post on the @photomag blog.
- Maybe entry into a weekly post if I decide to do one (I am playing this all by ear at the moment)
- You will also get a @photomag follow, which, if you keep producing good content, could lead to more upvotes in the future.
- Maybe you will get eyes on your account from curie curators who follow photomag (me included). That could lead to larger upvotes in the future of course.
What are the Rules?
Pretty straightforward... here are the categories that I am going to start with
- Monday Macro - show me your best macro shots and tell me about them. Review a macro lens, create a tutorial on macro.
- Tutorial Tuesday - create a tutorial on something photographic. Any subject.
- Water Wednesday - water in any form. Same deal as macro Monday; reviews and tutorials on water related equipment would be awesome.
- Tree Thursday - I love tree and woodland shots. Show me what you have got.
- Free reign Friday - Whatever you like! - Blogs, photos, tutorials, reviews
Each day runs 00:00 UTC to 23:59 UTC and this competition starts on Monday 27 August
- Re-steem this competition post.
- Follow @photomag if you don't already and (optionally) upvote this post.
- Tag your post with #photomag and #photomagcomp tags
- Title of your post should be along the lines of "Photomag competition - Macro Monday"
- Have a read of my "Starting a witness" post and if you think what I am doing is good for the blockchain, vote for me here
Content original to Steem will get preferential treatment, and content that you have gone out and created this week will also be given the same treatment. I want to see new, relevant and engaging content here to try to make Steem the go-to place for photographers.
Thanks everyone, and good luck
Please vote for me as one of your witness choices if you appreciate what I do for the STEEM blockchain. We all have 30 votes to cast and this determines who has the responsibility to keep this blockchain going.
You can vote for me here
Or go to https://steemit.com/~witnesses
and enter my name and vote