Steemit Open Mic Is Growing And Expanding - And A Call For A Dedicated Open Mic Website
Steemit Open Mic is continuing to grow and the community is expanding into new projects to help foster musical talent and collaboration on the platform.
Here's an update of what is happening around Open Mic.
- Week 60 hit a new record with 100 entries for the week
- There is a new radio show called Steemit Musician that features music from the top 5 selection of the judges each week and is awarding 20 SBD to the top pick from listeners of the show. You can read more about it at Steemit Musicians With Krystle And Isaria Episode 4 Show Notes And Audio 20 Sbd Prize --- by @isaria
. The winner last show was @melavie
- I will be on that show this week talking about Open Mic and will be a guest on a couple other radio shows this week
- There's a new account created called @openmic which was organized by @ausbitbank and it received about 24,000 Steem Power. This account upvotes the weekly entries that we manually curate.
- There is a songwriters challenge called the Open Mic Songwriters Challenge in its second week. It's sponsored by @meno and the winner of the 8-week challenge wins a new guitar! Open Mic Songwriters Challenge Week 2 - Lost And Found --- by @luzcypher
- A new collaboration between musicians on Open Mic you can hear here. International Music Collaborations An Inspiring Side Effect Of The Openmic --- by @muphy
Looking For Someone To Help Build A Website
There are many websites that are connected to the Steem blockchain and I would like to build a site for Open Mic.
I know how to build sites on WordPress only and have no idea how to hook it up to the Steem blockchain.
Does anyone know someone that could help build a website that would grab all of the entries to the open mic contest and display them on its own site?
Having a dedicated website with just Open Mic entries would give us a platform to market to musically talented people with the aim of getting more musicians to join Steemit.
Any suggestions of who would be the person for the job?
Right now there is a link to an Open Mic Chart on SteemReports.com developed by @andybets that is really cool, but I want to build a site that musicians could post directly to and it would create a post on their blog too. If people could comment and upvote from the site that would be awesome!