I haven't been a 100% active on Steemit for the last couple of weeks since I am in ''vacation mode'' (though not completely :p) and for the last week I've been staying on the countryside, just getting disconnected from the general city chaos before going back to Buenos Aires, so I've been having less activity over here and have barely been online on Discord. I'll be back though!
As I uploaded my last Open Mic video I realized it was my 21st entry! Of course I am counting the Open Mic songwriter's challenge since I kept that separate. For those 7 weeks ( didn't make it to the last week... so close) I uploaded 2 songs instead of one. What can I say .. It has been an incredible experience so far and it has pushed me to new places as a musician!
Why you say? I've been playing for quite a while now but I've always been a sideman, I have played with numerous bands and artists but never with the main point of focus directed to me, even less when I turned into the producing side of things. The idea of performing and singing for people got me nervous, just like when I was starting out!
One of the first things my brother @meno told me to do as soon as I got into Steemit was to follow @luzcypher , @pfunk ,@krystle and @soundlegion and join the open mic. Then I met @verbal-d and @passion-ground ( he became a judge shortly after a joined). I've never talked to @jessamynorchard but I know she is one of the open mic heroes ;). I very reluctantly uploaded one of my songs (since I don't consider myself a serious singer , even worse at my first entry... Im a bit more confident now haha) just to ''see what happens'' . That entry was for week#56 with my song ''Cancion de Otoño'' with lyrics from @vera.carla and I was extremely surprised with the great support I got from the community, that entry was rewarded around 100SBD and I couldn't believe it!
That support fired me up to keep on composing and sharing my music and I have been uploading music week by week since then and now I've hit more than 20 entries :) ! I've made it to 2nd place and 5th place with two of my entries and I am extremely grateful to everyone in the Open Mic community for their great support and "family-like" encouragement . Since then I've been very active in scouting new musicians and I'm happy that my friends are also doing very good with their own music here ( you know who you are ;p ).
It's been a nice musical journey so far and I hope I can share my experience once I hit 50 or a 100 songs! I'm not planning on stopping! So , not to make this post too long, I'd like to share you this Open mic journey so far!
1. Steemit Open Mic Week# 56 ''Canción de Otoño'' - (P.Mena/C.Vera)
2. Steemit Open Mic Week# 57 ''Perder'' - (P.Mena)
3. Steemit Open Mic Week# 58 ''Dicen'' - (P.Mena)
4. Steemit Open Mic Week# 59 ''Recuerdos de Infancia'' - (P.Mena)
5. Steemit Open Mic Week# 60 ''Lejos'' - (P.Mena/C.Vera)
6. Steemit Open Mic Songwriter's Challenge Week# 1 ''La Rambla'' - (P.Mena)
7. Steemit Open Mic Week# 61 ''Siento'' - (P.Mena/C.Vera)
8. Steemit Open Mic Week# 62 ''Amapola'' - (Juan Luis Guerra)
9. Steemit Open Mic Songwriter's Challenge Week# 2 ''Navegante'' - (P.Mena)
10. Steemit Open Mic Week# 63 ''Mapa Tesoro'' - (Nico Ibarburu)
11. Steemit Open Mic Songwriter's Challenge Week# 3 ''Reflejos'' - (P.Mena)
12. Steemit Open Mic Week# 64 ''Infinitas Veces'' - (Nico Ibarburu)
13. Steemit Open Mic Songwriter's Challenge Week# 4 ''La Rueda'' - (P.Mena)
14. Steemit Open Mic Songwriter's Challenge Week# 5 ''Orillas de Soledad'' - (P.Mena)
15. Steemit Open Mic Week# 65 ''Alas de Polvo'' - (P.Mena)
16. Steemit Open Mic Songwriter's Challenge Week# 6 ''Momentos'' - (P.Mena)
17. Steemit Open Mic Week# 66 ''Mandolín'' - (Gustavo Pena)
18. Steemit Open Mic Songwriter's Challenge Week# 7 ''El Faro'' - (P.Mena)
19. Steemit Open Mic Week# 67 ''El Reloj'' - (P.Mena)
20. Steemit Open Mic Week# 68 ''September'' feat. Gabriel Garcia - (Maurice White, Al McKay, Allee Willis.)
21. Steemit Open Mic Week# 69 ''Si te escucho cantar'' - (Nico Ibarburu)