Welcome to the sixth Make a Minnow contest!
This initiative is about finding a deserving minnow who has a strong and positive influence in the PAL/MSP community and giving them a delegation prize as a reward for their efforts! Giving our minnows the opportunity to have increased curation influence benefits the entire Steemit ecosystem and should be considered a great honour.
Our last winner was @torico who was awarded a 5000 SP delegation for one month! Congratulations! @clayboyn was also awarded an additional prize of 1000 SP. The Prizes are courtesy of @eturnerx who we would like to thank for his generosity!
Now we need to find the next deserving recipient! Please take note of the rules if you would like to participate, as ineligible nominations will not be counted!
Make A Minnow Rules, Roles and Procedures
We intend to run two Make a Minnow (MaM) Contests per month.
The winner of each Contest is awarded a 5000SP delegation for 4 weeks.
Each Contest is held in two rounds: The Nomination Round and the Voting Round.
- The First post announces a new MaM Contest and its rules. The post also signifies the start of the Nomination Round. Nominations from eligible voters (eligibility conditions described below) are made as comments on this post. This nomination has to state the name of the nominee to be deemed valid. Nominations may also include a link to a post in support of the nomination. Eligible voters have one week to complete this step.
Nominee Selection for the Voting Round. A nominee requires at least two valid nominations to go into the Voting Round. The top three nominees, by count of valid nominations, go into the Voting Round. In the event of a tie, more than three nominees may go into the Voting Round.
- The Second post announces the start of the Voting Round and lists the nominees that have been selected. Eligible voters that nominated during the Nomination Round have one week to comment on the second post with their vote from the list of selected nominees.
Winner Selection, the winner is the nominee who receives the most valid votes in the Voting round. There is a single winner: in the event of a tie, a dice roll will take place on the MSP discord to determine the winner. This will be done by the MaM organizer with at least two moderators as witnesses.
- The Third post announces the MaM Contest winner and signifies the end of the Contest. Post rewards will be set to 100% power up. We intend to grow MaM’s ability to offer more prizes and to reduce our reliance upon sponsors.
Nominator Lottery, get your tickets today!!
TO UNLOCK: The nomination round must reach the following two targets to activate the Nominator Lotto:
- Have at least 5 different nominees participating in MaM #6.
- Have at least 17 different nominators partipating in MaM #6.
RULES FOR LOTTO.
- Each nominator who gives a valid nomination gets an entry.
- Each nominator who writes a nomination posts and links it in their nomination comment gets an additional entry
- Anybody who can make a valid nomination is eligible for this Lotto; except the MaM sponsors and MaM organizers.
- Prizes are awarded randomly. Each person may win only once.
- In honour of MaM#6, there are 6 prizes of 10 STEEM each.
Who is an Eligible Voter?
Anyone who is a registered member of the MSP Discord and who also delegates any amount to msp bots is an eligible voter.
An eligible voter can:
- Nominate in the Nomination Round
- Vote in the Voting Round if they also nominated in the previous post.
- Past winners are always eligible voters.
- Nominators who do not vote in the voting round will have their nominations counted as a vote.
Who is Eligible for Nomination?
Any MSP registered member who has less than 10000 SP and is a delegating member of the PAL/MSP discord. The spirit of this award is to help a minnow who exemplifies the values of the PAL/MSP network and contributes to the community in a positive way.
The following accounts are not eligible for nomination:
- Previous MaM winners
- MSP Moderators and MSP Witnesses
- MaM Contest Organizer/s
- You may not nominate yourself!
Responsibilities of the MaM Contest Organizer/s
The MaM Contest is administered by the Organizers who are responsible for all duties associated with running the contest, including:
- Making contest posts, overseeing the tally of results, ensuring prizes are awarded.
- Dealing with post rewards in accordance with the MaM rules.
- The present Organizers are @SammoSK and @juliakponsford.
In the last round some bonus prizes were distributed to the top contenders, those who have received these prizes are still eligible to win MAM in the future but will not be awarded additional bonuses should they make the top contenders again
We are not asking for any donations or pledges. The prizes are covered by our generous sponsor @eturnerx.
We would like to thank the MaM founders for making this project possible:
@eturnerx, @sammosk, @aggroed, @followbtcnews, @freetissues, @crimsonclad, @overthewait, @inkatieskitchen, @misterakpan, @stitchybitch, @danielsaori, @kubbyelizabeth, @morodiene, @drakos, @inquiringtimes, @artsygoddess, @overkillcoin, @kerlund74, @stickchumpion, @torico, @buzzbeergeek, @crazybgadventure, @dbzfan4awhile, @steembusiness, @juliakponsford, @locke, @r0nd0n, @buggedout, @hopehuggs, @soundwavesphoton, @clayboyn, @drwom, @darxide403, @shellyduncan, @uniwhisp, @sunravelme, @travelnurse, @jackmiller and @spaingaroo.
Founders are the people who were behind the MaM Contests from the beginning. Founders have access to the MaM chat room where they can have input into the future of this project. Founders are not otherwise directly involved in the running of individual MaM Contests and may be nominated unless otherwise excluded.
We trust you will nominate carefully with the PAL (Peace, Abundance and Liberty) values in mind! Best of luck to all nominees!