Anti-Abuse Team Weekly Report #26
Friday - March 2nd - 2018
As always, mostly a statistics update this week. We have been getting a good handle on when to have the bot awake and when to have it sleep, and this has only put a slight dent in our new signups. I figure the numbers are only dropping in regards to the people who simply want to use our bot and not really participate in the community. We consider this an acceptable loss, as we want to bring people in with the bot, but have them stay for the real value found elsewhere in our community. Some of the decrease may also be from increases efforts to remove abuse from the community.
The details of this weeks prune of the member-list -
- 14757 Members before this week's prune was run. (795 new accounts since last week)
- 30 Day Prune has removed 287 dead accounts. (18 less were removed this Prune.)
- This leaves our count at 14470 Members after the prune.
- ~1430 Peak Concurrent users this week. (Nice growth here.)
Updated stats on Bans and Blacklist -
- 2234 Discord bans (+172 new from previous)
- 2557 accounts in total are now Blacklisted by @minnowsupport (+212 from previous!)
Member count data over time:
This shows the trend of members gained over time. I use the number of users counted after each purge each week.
Blacklist Counts by Type:
This gives a breakdown of the major categories we list an account under in our Blacklist.
Good numbers despite increasing cool-down on the bot, having it sleep more often, and adding new filters to the actual upvote. With the recent addition of zappl from our list of blocked apps to use the $upvote command, we are really starting to see some actual content being upvoted. We still aren't 100%, but the path is now visible before us.
A quick review of things that get you blacklisted:
- A single image or even multiple images, with very little text or only a basic bit of information with it.
- An embedded YouTube or DTube video with zero additions to the post that provide value.
- Attempting to gain multiple upvotes outside our 1 per 24 hour cool-down by any means.
- Any major violation of our community guidelines and rules. (This usually has to do with treatment of other users on the platform.)
Not all of these result in a ban from Discord since we want you to learn and improve.
At some point @minnowsupport bot is going to need it's own version of the Rocky montage with Eye of the Tiger.
If you have any questions, please contact me on MSP or MSP-Probation
MSP Moderator, Sheriff and Anti-Abuse Team Leader