Open Source: new features in laitos v3.1 - your personal web infrastructure and assistant over telephone/SMS/satellite terminals
laitos is your personal web infrastructure server - host a home page, receive Emails, and block ads/malicious sites via its DNS server.
And to satisfy the geekiest nature inside of you, the program grants access to the Internet (news, mail boxes, Twitter, etc) via telephone, chat bots, and even satellite terminals!
The latest release v3.1 further enhances overall system security with automated Windows/Linux server maintenance, along with an SNMP server for the nostalgic computing experience.
- Introduce SNMP server that implements SNMP v2 (with community string) that offers program stats under OID tree 188.8.131.52.4.1.52535.121.
- System maintenance can now automatically install updates for Windows server.
- New configuration properties PreUnixScript and PreWindowsScript specify a short shell script to run prior to all other system maintenance actions.
- chrony software package is often broken on Debian-based distributions, thus do not install it anymore during the system maintenance software maintenance routine.
- Prevent timeout from prematurely terminating several Windows system maintenance actions due to a slow system.
- Fix Azure public cloud detection.
- Fix an infrequent name resolution crash in DNS black-list resolver.
- Work around Go 1.11 memory consumption quirks to significantly reduce runtime memory usage.
- User may now specify a working directory when installing laitos via its Windows PowerShell installer script.
- All outgoing HTTP/S requests are made more robust with automated retry mechanism.
- SNMP client programs are installed automatically during system maintenance.