- The day you stop learning is the day you start dying.
- You can't get something from nothing.
- Don't wait for the teachers in school to teach you how to do something.
I know it sounds cheesy, but all my life my elders told me to never stop learning. I always took that quote casually. But not anymore. And neither should you. Wake up and start your training.
Why should you keep learning?
- To stay relevant in your current or next job.
- To keep expanding your skill-set and knowledge-base.
- To become a superstar or linchpin in whatever space you want to be in.
You and I
So when I say "You" I include myself in these declarative demands. The difference is, I hope to be able to mentor some of you with direction and speed. Everyone knows about Google and research on the internet. The other extreme is to go to a university and spend tens of thousands of dollars. I believe there is a happy medium.
Why should you learn with me?
For as long as I'm capable, I want to share my 20 years of experience. I feel that I can help you build websites from ground zero starting point.
My Goal is to mentor by sharing how I learn.
- I want to be like a new developer, and share my journey in learning how to build websites.
- I intend to write about concepts that I'm going through.
- I hope to create videos demonstrating these concepts.
- I hope to have live sessions helping those interested to get up to speed and answer questions.
- I hope to create a community for those new to this experience to help each other learn how to build websites.
- In the not too distant future, I'd like to have apprentices or understudies.
I plan on beginning and sharing this Journey starting next week (January 8, 2017).