With over 68 million downloads and a vibrant community of more than 200,000 users, Joomla! is one of the most popular CMS in the world. Joomla! is used to power Web sites of all types, shapes and sizes.
Currently there are at least 2,524,029 live Joomla! websites and most of them are blogs, magazines, news sites and marketplaces.
Steemit has opened up amazing new possibilities to profit from your #Joomla website or blog. This article is a first and simple approach for linking Joomla articles to Steemit posts. More advanced ideas and plugins will follow as the Steem API evolves.
This free Joomla plugin will redirect Joomla articles to Steemit posts (special thanks to @tony.jennings for the original idea).
For a demo, visit this page: Minitek Blog.
Then click on the article with the title: Redirect your Joomla articles to Steemit posts with this simple free plugin. You will be redirected back to this article on Steemit.
Joomla! 3.6.0+ is required. The plugin may not work properly for versions prior than 3.6.0. If you have an older Joomla! version and still want to use this plugin, please let me know in the comments below.
Where to download the plugin
There are two ways to download the plugin:
- If you don't want to create a user account, you can download the plugin directly from this link: Direct download
- You can download it from the Downloads page. The plugin is free but a user account is needed to download it. Once you log in, you will find the plugin at the bottom of the downloads page under the section Free Joomla Extensions. The plugin name is Redirect Articles. A user account will also give you access to the support forum.
How to setup the plugin
- Navigate to the Joomla! installer via Extensions > Extension Manager.
- Browse the plugin installation file in your computer, select it and click on Upload & Install.
- Navigate to Extensions > Plugins and publish the plugin "Redirect Articles".
- Navigate to Content > Articles and create a new article or edit an existing article.
- In the article form you will see a new tab with the title: Redirect Link. Click on the tab to reveal the new parameter: Redirect Link URL. Enter the url of the Steemit article in this field.
- That's it! Now when a user browses the article on your website he will be redirected to your Steemit post.
Where to get support
If you have any kind of trouble with the plugin, just let me know in the comments below or open a support ticket at the Support page.
Can I request new features?
Sure you can. Just post your ideas in the comments below.