Steem Cameroon Communities of the Month Support Program Application
Steem Cameroon Community Application
Steem Cameroon is a national community for Cameroonian steemians that has as its principal objectives to raise awareness, recruit, mentor, curate and support Cameroonian steemians.
The community is unique in that it represents the country, Cameroon and It’s the only Steemit Community for Cameroon. The community is open to Cameroonian steemians and Cameroonians are encouraged to join the community because;
- The community provides opportunities for partnership via its 100K SP Shares Program wherein Cameroonian Steemians can own shares of the community hence be able to grow and earn from the Communities Shares Program. More details about the 100K Shares Program here:
- The community is providing high delegation rewards i.e. 01 Steem per 100 SP delegated per month. More details here:
- The community reviews and curates all her members' blogs/posts giving them feedback on how they can become better and successful steemians.
- The community promotes equity in the distribution of her @steemcurator04 and @booming upvotes
- The community organizes juicy and rewarding contests for her community members
- The community is the fastest growing Steemit community powering up at least 104 SBD from the Steemit Njangi/100K SP Shares Program with a pledge target of hitting 50K SP by December 2021.
- The community’s vision is inclusive, giving members the opportunity to lead the change and get amazing rewards.
Cameroon initially had 03 Country Representatives and 01 MOD but due to inactivity and misconduct, one of our Country Representative’s @njiatanga has been indefinitely suspended from the Steem Cameroon Team.
Steem Cameroon now officially has two Country Representatives (@thegreens and @saxopedia) and one MOD (@fombae).
We will be recruiting 01 MOD to join our team in the days ahead.
All the members of our team are Cameroonians and native English speakers. We’re still volunteering while working on a rewards program for the team members who have dedicated their knowledge, time and talent to grow the community.
Community Curation Account
Steem Cameroon’s community curation account is @steem-cameroon and the account currently holds 12,625.01 SP (5,702.96 + 6,922.05 SP delegated).
As earlier mentioned, our approach to grow the Steem Cameroon Community account is inclusive wherein Cameroonian Steemians who are interested in acquiring shares of the community account have been given the opportunity to acquire shares and become official decision makers of the Steem Cameroon Community account. This method is known as the cooperative society method wherein we want Cameroonian steemians to become the owners of the account and contribute in decision making.
This explains why we launched the 100K SP Shares Program which is powered by the Cameroon Steemit Njangi, a socio-economic initiative that pumps in 104SBD monthly for power-up. The Cameroon Steemit 100K SP Shares Program has 100 Shares of 1000SP each which have been given out to Cameroonian Steemians to pay for a maximum duration of 2 years.
56 Shares have already been claimed by 27 Cameroonian Steemians and we hope to give out 40 more shares to interested Cameroonian Steemians. These shareholders are expected to pump in 50K SP into the Steem Cameroon Community account by the end of May 2022 and 100K SP into the community account by the end of May 2023 against juicy annual rewards.
You can learn more about this initiative here: https://steemit.com/hive-195150/@steem-cameroon/cameroon-steemit-njangi-and-shares-program-report
Besides the 100K SP Shares Program which is powered by the Cameroon Steemit Njangi, we are also powering up our account via delegations and giving our delegators juicy rewards of 01 Steem per 100 SP delegated per month as you can read here; https://steemit.com/hive-195150/@steem-cameroon/steem-cameroon-delegations-reward-program
We hope to review and encourage our members to delegate at least 20K SP by December 2021 so that we can achieve our 50K SP Pledge target as you can read here: https://steemit.com/hive-195150/@steem-cameroon/steem-cameroon-pledges-to-hit-50k-sp-by-december-31-2021-or-the-sp-achievement-pledge-program
We pledged never to power down our community account and this explains why all after we have given out contest prizes, we use the remainder of our post payouts to power-up our community account. We are still working on a payment plan for the admins of our community account.
The country representatives @thegreens and @saxopedia as well as the MOD, @fombae all have access to voting with the community account as well as account keys and have even created a weekly blogs review and curation roster and you can read here: https://steemit.com/hive-195150/@steem-cameroon/steem-cameroon-weekly-blog-review-and-curation-roster-updated
The account’s Voting CSI score is 7.6 ( 0.00 % self, 74 upvotes, 42 accounts, last 7d ) and on average, 150 – 250 posts receive upvotes from the community account per week.
Plagiarism and Abuse
We just recently created the @steem-cameroon Plagiarism team comprising of;
Completed Achievement Program
Country Rep Cameroon
Admin Steem Cameroon Community
MOD (Greeter) Newcomer Community
Completed Achievement Program
MOD Steem Cameroon Community
MOD (Greeter Helper) Newcomer Community
Member of Steem Cameroon Community
Achievement Program [Achievement 5(1)]
Member of Steem Cameroon Community.
Completed Achievement Program
The team uses online tools to check plagiarism meanwhile we identify and register all Cameroonian steemians in our WhatsApp Group where we verify their identity and ensure they are not duplicating accounts.
The plagiarism team educates members of the community via comments and in the WhatsApp group of copyright-free images and sites to find such images such as Freerange.com, Unsplash.com, Pexels.com, StockSnap.com, Pixabay.com. In case any copyright image is detected, a comment is left as a reminder to the author.
You can learn more about how the Steem Cameroon Plagiarism team functions here: https://steemit.com/hive-195150/@steem-cameroon/steem-cameroon-plagiarism-team
Engagement and Commenting
Ever since we created the Steem Cameroon Weekly Blogs Review and Curation Roster, we have been leaving a lot of feedback on the posts of Cameroonian Steemians. We are now commenting on over 80% of the posts in our community but most importantly reviewing the blogs of all the registered members of the Steem Cameroon community.
You can learn more about the Weekly Blogs Review and Curation Roster here: https://steemit.com/hive-195150/@steem-cameroon/steem-cameroon-weekly-blog-review-and-curation-roster-updated
Plans and Updates
We often posts plans and updates of our community using our community account on a weekly basis. We make sure that we provide reports of the different activities such as contests, the SP Achievement Pledge Program, the Power Up Challenge, the 100K SP Shares Project and the Cameroon Steemit Njangi immediately the reports are due.
All our community activities are reported using the community account, @steem-cameroon.
We have an SP Target roadmap for our community wherein we want to hit 100K SP in two years. This explains why we started the Cameroon Steemit Njangi and 100K SP Shares Program: https://steemit.com/hive-195150/@steem-cameroon/cameroon-steemit-njangi-and-shares-program-report
We even went further and pledged to hit 50K SP by December 2021 and you can read our plan here; https://steemit.com/hive-195150/@steem-cameroon/steem-cameroon-pledges-to-hit-50k-sp-by-december-31-2021-or-the-sp-achievement-pledge-program
However, we are currently working on a 5 years strategic plan (Cameroon Steemit Program) for @steem-cameroon. Summarized details of our strategic plan will be shared in one of our upcoming posts next week.
Out of Steem, we are promoting our community via football, radio, posters, flyers and Steemit trainings as you can see in some of the images below;
We are also actively promoting our community on social networking platforms and next week, we bring back the Cameroon Steemit Promo Contest, a contest aimed at promoting Steemit on other social networking platforms.
Within Steem, we are promoting our community via amazing contests organized strictly for members of our community, via active blogging as well as via our Delegations Reward Program that offers the best rewards to delegators.
We should be selected for the Communities Support Program because;
- We are the fastest growing community securing and powering up 108 SBD monthly from the Cameroon Steemit Njangi and 100K SP Shares Program
- We have solid and very reliable plan to build our community account to 100K SP in two years independent of Steemit Team support.
- We have innovative programs such as the Cameroon Steemit Njangi that economically empowers our members, the SP Achievement Pledge Program and coming up is the Steemit Newbies Encouragement Program.
- We are working on a 5 years strategic plan for Steem Cameroon known as the Cameroon Steemit Program
- We have experienced and well trained Steemians at the helm of leadership of our community who master the knowledge and art of steeming
- Our community blog is very active posting updates from our different initiatives.
- We encourage #steemexclusive posts in our community
- We're effective in communication and collaboration as well as supportive to each other in our community.