Wednesday – I spy with my little eye – Mini contest (71)
Hello SteemKids and Parents!
Here we are again! For some of us, like those who take a guess as the contest comes out, it is a long wait until the next Wednesday, while for others, the days just fly by.
I couldn’t believe it when I woke up this morning and it was Wednesday again—time for another game. Oh gosh, when I woke up yesterday morning as it now just after midnight.
As usual, we first take a look at last week’s clues.
1. It is an 8 letter compound word starting with “D”
2. It resembles an animal
3. It resembles part of that animal
4. It is tight fit, cut, or joint
And the correct word is " DOVETAIL."
What does dovetail actually mean? A tight fit as easy as that.
Wikepedia describe the word dovetail so nicely that I just have to share it with you.
A dovetail joint or simply dovetail is a joinery technique most commonly used in woodworking joinery (carpentry), including furniture, cabinets, log buildings, and traditional timber framing. Once glued, a wooden dovetail joint requires no mechanical fasteners.
There various other ways in which the word dovetail can be used.
- I'm following up a few things that might dovetail.
- Their results dovetail nicely with ours.
- It is important that we dovetail our respective interests.
- My vacation plans dovetail nicely with Joyce's.
- We've tried to dovetail our plans with theirs.
Congratulations to @imohmitch who is our winner this week!
That brings the prize for this contest back to 2 STEEM.
Time for your next game!
The game is exactly like last week;
The game “I spy with my little eye” is sort of a detective game. The “spy” is the person who sees something, and the rest of the players must then guess what the spy is seeing.
Of importance, it must be something that you can see and not something you can feel, like an emotion.
BUT, “I spy with my little eye” is so much more than just a spy game;
- It is a thinking game
- It teaches you how to use your logic and reasoning and
- It grows your vocabulary
For today, I am going to give you the letter with which the word starts plus 4 points, or “clues,” that you can take into consideration to figure out what the word can be.
Ready or not… let’s learn, play, and win!
I spy with my little eye something that begins with the letter “E"
1. It is a 10-letter word
2. It It can be applicable to an object
3. It can be applicable to a business
4. More or widespread
How to participate?
- You can reply to this post by posting your word, or you can write an article about your word
- You can only enter once
What is up for grabs?
The first correct answer will take home 2 STEEM this week.
The word and the winner will be announced next week on Wednesday; therefore, make sure you don't send in your answer later than Tuesday 23:59 UTC.
If there is no winner, the prize will carry over until there is one.
Until next week, keep guessing!
15% to Steemkidss